PDA

View Full Version : 450r shocks or yfz shocks on my 400ex

sburton1
03-17-2006, 05:30 PM
hey guys what shock will perform better for jumps on my 400ex a 450r shock or a yfz shock? i know you can use both but just wondering witch was best. and "no kitty i dont want your opinion" if youve been on this site you know what thats about. and where is the best and cheapest place to send the shocks in to get reworked? thanks guys

Honda TRX250ex
03-17-2006, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by sburton1
hey guys what shock will perform better for jumps on my 400ex a 450r shock or a yfz shock? i know you can use both but just wondering witch was best. and "no kitty i dont want your opinion" if youve been on this site you know what thats about. and where is the best and cheapest place to send the shocks in to get reworked? thanks guys
Try the search button.

sburton1
03-17-2006, 06:52 PM
try respect for your elders? and a little tact just wanted to ask a question and dident find it in the search engine. if you took the time to type some thing rude you might as well have not typed any thing at all. so sorry i bothered to ask a polite question in this forum and waste your time reading it.

tom450r
03-17-2006, 06:52 PM
everyone rebuilds 450r shocks because of the shock bodys the yfz shocks are throwaways not worth rebuilding.

sburton1
03-17-2006, 06:53 PM
thanks tom thats all i needed to know. thanks for the help. ive heard some companys are cheaper and do better work than others with revalving whos the best?

chapmanmd
03-17-2006, 06:53 PM
GT Thunder or DeRisi for the 450R shocks. You wont regret either one.

sburton1
03-17-2006, 06:54 PM
thanks ill have to give em a call!

Honda TRX250ex
03-17-2006, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by sburton1
try respect for your elders? and a little tact just wanted to ask a question and dident find it in the search engine. if you took the time to type some thing rude you might as well have not typed any thing at all. so sorry i bothered to ask a polite question in this forum and waste your time reading it.
Hey calm down there, i know that this question has be asked. I wasent flaming you or anything and i was not being rude. I don't know about you but i can't read mines so i didn't know if you searched it. And i do have respect for my elders... :eek2:

tom450r
03-18-2006, 12:03 PM
no prob. i know 4-playracing.com does them pretty resonable also.

400exMO
03-18-2006, 04:37 PM
I know you didn't want my opinion but here goes. You're going to buy R shocks and them send them to GT Thunder (Hopefully your stock rear as well). There's 800 dollars. Or you could find a used set of elkas, send those to gt thunder with your rear for the same price and get a ten times better setup. I've tried the R shocks and I switched to elkas, major difference. I suggest saving the money and getting shocks made for the 400.

JW450R1
03-18-2006, 08:16 PM
i have to agree with u there.i have elkas on my r,and love them.it takes some time to dial them in,but they fell good....

seven
03-18-2006, 08:31 PM
They dont rebuild YFZ shocks as much becouse the diameter of the spring is hard to come by and more expensive. KNow your stuff before you make claims

tom450r
03-19-2006, 06:45 PM
sure thats it the expensive spring that go for about $25 buck a pop not the fact that the valving wears on the shock body until it doesn't seal. do to the shock bodys not being hardened. or maybe your right . keep up the great reseach.

fandl450r
03-19-2006, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by tom450r
sure thats it the expensive spring that go for about $25 buck a pop not the fact that the valving wears on the shock body until it doesn't seal. do to the shock bodys not being hardened. or maybe your right . keep up the great reseach.

Not sure who you get your spring prices from, but I can assure you there aren't many springs that are $25. Maybe an upper ZPS, but thats about it.

seven
03-19-2006, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by tom450r

My research comes from TCS and pep. Yes you can buy honda diameter shocks for 25$ but not Yamaha. And I will keep up my great research!

tom450r
03-19-2006, 07:28 PM
i'll send you all my shocks for now on since you can heat treat those yamaha shocks so they work & then i'll sell you all the springs you need for the yamaha shocks they go for $50 each call me for all the springs you need i'd love to double my money.

03-20-2006, 07:06 AM
go YFZ. if your a jumper you need yfz. 450r shocks are pritty much like 400ex shocks except they have more ajustments.

yfz shocks alow you to go from softer than 450r shocks all the way to way harder.
yfz shocks have almost a inch more travle than 450r
i have my yfz shocks ride hight set as low as it can go im sitting a mx hight (7") and i can flat land at 5ft and not bottom. yfz shocks also accept preloading a little better.

get the older yfz shocks. the newer yfz shocks come softer and are not as good for jumping.

kyleschonert
03-20-2006, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by it it
go YFZ. if your a jumper you need yfz. 450r shocks are pritty much like 400ex shocks except they have more ajustments.

yfz shocks alow you to go from softer than 450r shocks all the way to way harder.
yfz shocks have almost a inch more travle than 450r
i have my yfz shocks ride hight set as low as it can go im sitting a mx hight (7") and i can flat land at 5ft and not bottom. yfz shocks also accept preloading a little better.

get the older yfz shocks. the newer yfz shocks come softer and are not as good for jumping.

yz426ex or w/e, is that you?? if so, post up those "custom elka's" you got. lmao

FRANKENSTEIN197
03-22-2006, 10:55 PM
you can get the yfz shocks done all 3 for $375.00 thats revalving to from mx tech.