PDA

View Full Version : gt thunder rear linkage

tom450r
03-17-2006, 04:25 PM
is the gt thunder rear linkage a good idea with elka shocks. or is the elka link actually different. i'm running long travel elkas now.

dist5mxer
03-17-2006, 07:25 PM
your best bet is to call Laz and talk to him.. he has many answers for everything.. there hasnt been a question i've asked that he couldnt answer so far in my time dealing with him.

fandl450r
03-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by tom450r
is the gt thunder rear linkage a good idea with elka shocks. or is the elka link actually different. i'm running long travel elkas now.

In theory the Elka linkage would probably work better with an Elka shock. But I want to say that the GT link is very similiar if not the exact same as the Elka Link.

dist5mxer
03-17-2006, 07:57 PM
from what it looks like, GT's link has very similar moutning point locations, seems as tho the only way they differ is their shape.

03-17-2006, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by tom450r

the elka link isnt close to the G T Thunder link what so ever, if your talking about the link where you need to cut the skid, here is the order 1 being best, 4 being worst, hope this helps

1: Elka Pro Link
2: G T Thunder link
3: Elka normal link and G T Thunders other style of linkage (not the very long travel one, just the regular one where you dont need to cut the skid)
4: Stock link

Pappy
03-17-2006, 08:53 PM
lol...i crack up when i see someone post info that is based of nothing more then ...well never mind.

id post a few pictures but i dont really feel like starting a war.

03-17-2006, 09:00 PM
and just so you know, if you get an elka shock and its valved for an elka link, and you stick the longer travel G T link, it wont work correctly, you need to valving to match the link progression ratio and angles

03-17-2006, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
lol...i crack up when i see someone post info that is based of nothing more then ...well never mind.

id post a few pictures but i dont really feel like starting a war.

what are you talking about, that is the info i got directly from laz? :confused:

j_cyrus3
03-17-2006, 10:16 PM
If Darryl Bozarth goes from AXIS rear shock to a GT Thunder setup shock, I would DEFINATELY drop the elka and just get a shock from Laz..That's just me though

03-17-2006, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by j_cyrus3
If Darryl Bozarth goes from AXIS rear shock to a GT Thunder setup shock, I would DEFINATELY drop the elka and just get a shock from Laz..That's just me though

ya G T Thunder does good work :macho

tom450r
03-18-2006, 11:47 AM
if anyone has pics of both side by side or better yet hole to hole line up that would be great. because i think they might be the exacte same link from different makers.

dist5mxer
03-18-2006, 11:54 AM
there was no war started Pappy... from what i can tell they looked like the mounting was close.

oh yeah, i need to talk to you about getting somethings painted at the end of the year.