PDA

View Full Version : Tear-offs

400exrules
03-17-2006, 04:15 PM
K im really confused, i have the scott 83x goggles and i ordered some tear offs from the dealership for my race sunday. Will tearoffs work with these goggles or not? Do i need these 'post' things for it to work? because scott sells a "works system", which i think is a replacement lense with posts on it

heres the goggles i use:

JRP
03-17-2006, 04:18 PM
yea u need posts for the tear offs to go into them.

AtvMxRider
03-17-2006, 04:40 PM
just make sure you ordered the tear off kit and not just refills

400exrules
03-17-2006, 04:47 PM
what do i need to buy, because i dont want one of those things with the cord you pull and the film, i just want to beable to pull off regular tearoffs by hand. Can i just order a replacement lense with posts?

AtvMxRider
03-17-2006, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
what do i need to buy, because i dont want one of those things with the cord you pull and the film, i just want to beable to pull off regular tearoffs by hand. Can i just order a replacement lense with posts?

just order the Scott tear off kit. It comes with the posts

400exrules
03-17-2006, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
just order the Scott tear off kit. It comes with the posts

ive been lookin on rockymountain and i cant find it. the only kit they have is the 'works systems', which is the little canisters of film and you pull the string to advance it.
They also have scott tear-offs...and scott works tear-offs, but you have to have the works lense for those....what the hell. i just need a lense with posts for tearoffs. or can you order posts and put them on yourself?

AtvMxRider
03-17-2006, 05:05 PM
http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?prodFamilyId=7671&navTitle=Helmet+%26+Goggles&webCatId=2&pageLinkUri=&vehicleType=&webTypeId=66&navType=type

400exrules
03-17-2006, 05:07 PM
will that work with my lense? how do the posts go in, their arent holes in my lense

AtvMxRider
03-17-2006, 05:09 PM
Yes. The post just go between the lens and the frame and the black post goes through were the strap goes.

400exrules
03-17-2006, 05:11 PM
ok thanks
if they just snap in, then whats the point of these WORKS lenses with the holes in them?
http://www.scottusa.com/northamerica/motorsport/lenses/80.php

AtvMxRider
03-17-2006, 05:21 PM
ok thanks
if they just snap in, then whats the point of these WORKS lenses with the holes in them?
http://www.scottusa.com/northamerica/motorsport/lenses/80.php

Those are for the works goggles.

400exrules
03-17-2006, 05:23 PM
so, you can have tear-offs on the chrome lenses?.....its in the first column

AtvMxRider
03-17-2006, 05:28 PM
so, you can have tear-offs on the chrome lenses?.....its in the first column

yes

Sjorge450R
03-17-2006, 05:58 PM
why dont you want roll-offs?

03-17-2006, 06:45 PM
ok thanks
http://www.scottusa.com/northamerica/motorsport/lenses/80.php The works tearoffs are laminted, and the whole point of thw works system is that you can use the same lense for tearoffs and rolloffs. You can snap the roll off conisters on and off, so you don't have to change the lense.

trx400exxracer
03-17-2006, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
why dont you want roll-offs?

I dont know about him but I think he might be racing xc and in xc when you go through water the water can get in between the roll offs and lense and then you can't see

03-17-2006, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by trx400exxracer
I dont know about him but I think he might be racing xc and in xc when you go through water the water can get in between the roll offs and lense and then you can't see Same thing can happen with tearoffs unless they're laminated.

prepracing
03-17-2006, 07:15 PM
I dont know about him but I think he might be racing xc and in xc when you go through water the water can get in between the roll offs and lense and then you can't see

actually tearoffs are worse for that than roll offs are, you can pull your string a couple times on rolloffs and it drys the strip on your lens. But when water gets in your tearoffs your screwed......its like looking thru a dirty bowl of water

Sjorge450R
03-17-2006, 07:17 PM

all I race is muddy XC (anyone from D-6 knows). If you put a mudflap on the lense were it is supposed to go that wont happen. After one race you are going to be wishing that you got roll-offs instead. And five tear-offs wont last an entire XC race. I use the Works system goggles and my tearoff is gone by the first turn.

Just my 2¢

400exrules
03-17-2006, 08:31 PM
the mudflap is useless on tear-offs right?

and my friend said he's gonna run roll-offs and tear-offs sunday, can you do that?

CannondaleRider
03-17-2006, 09:22 PM
the mudflap is useless on tear-offs right?

and my friend said he's gonna run roll-offs and tear-offs sunday, can you do that?

Yeah, the Mudflap covers the top of the roll-off film, so water/mud can't get in between the film and the lenses. Tear-offs should cover the entire lense.

About running both roll-offs and tear-offs.....With the Scott WORKS Vision System you can.

You have the roll-off system on the goggles, but the canisters have pins for the Scott Holeshot Tear-Offs, that way, after the holeshot corner, and into the first lap, where everyone is bunched up, you can clear most of the lense, instead of just a strip(which isn't that big of a deal anyways, it doesn't hinder your vision). Then, later into the race, you have the advantage of a roll-off system.

I love the WORKS Setup!