PDA

View Full Version : WE are at a loss 4 stroke gurus'PLEASE read

dirtmomma
03-17-2006, 08:40 AM
OK so i have a 96' 300ex as most of you know that has been having some serious starter/bearing issues the last year!!!

I got a used flywheel w/ a good one way bearing in it, we put that one & it lasted about 6 mo. the bearing went out so I bought a BRAND NEW ONE WAY BEARING last month from Service Honda & we put it in it fired right up of course!! We took it to the dunes & it lasted about 3 hrs :(:( so we just left it alone threw it on a trailer ect
Well my son decided to tear into it last night & low & behold that bearing is OUT AGAIN????????????????????????/ He said that everything is turning but the bearing is spinning!!

SO my ? is, IS THERE SOMETHING THAT WOULD BE MAKING IT GO OUT????????????????/ Somebody said something about the crank :huh :huh I'm confused LOL imagine that :o

If anyone that knows anything can help i would really appreciate it!!!!!! It needs to be my sons trail quad or go up for sale so I need to get it fixed ASAP!!

Thanks in advance~DM

dirtmomma
03-17-2006, 09:30 AM
:( anybody??? Did I confuse everyone LOL BUMPITY BUMP

zeppelin
03-17-2006, 02:02 PM
you are either intalling it wrong or what ever the the bearing mounts too is bad. is this bearing press fit?

Rip_Tear
03-17-2006, 02:09 PM
The shaft that the bearing/fly wheel go onto may be spinning out of where it should creating a problem. Could be something with the fly wheel or the installation... Those are the only things I can think of. I'll keep it in mind and see if I can think of anything else.

nakomis0
03-17-2006, 02:11 PM
I never seen any honda one way bearings but is it the kind with the rubber o ring around it?.... thats what Yamaha uses on a raptor.

Or is it a metal case that olds the bearings?

Whats exactly failing? Are the bearings falling out, or they getting worn out of shape? or is it just dirty and cleaning them with carb cleaner and leting them soak in oil fixes em?

dirtmomma
03-18-2006, 08:16 AM
Nevermind my son figured it out :D:D:D:D He's a DAYUMMMM good mechanic :macho It was teh "keyway" (sp)?? the part cost $2.49 :cool: i would of been REALLY mad if I would of ended up selling the whole quad for $1K over a simple thing like that!!
He took the whole motor out of the frame cleaned it all up, tore it apart & put it all back together & fired it late last night!! Not too bad for a 15yr old kid huh :D :D :devil: :macho :blah:
It is now HIS trail quad instead of the crappy blasters LOL

So if ya ever have any issues w/your starter stuff just spinning check that little part LOL

leadfoot_52
03-22-2006, 09:34 PM
Wow.