PDA

View Full Version : How To Help ATVRiders.com

JOEX
03-16-2006, 09:22 PM
A site of this size and diversity will always have posts that may offend someone or a member will post just to antagonize the site. There's not much that can stop this but you as members can help us control it before things get out of hand.

When you come across a thread or post that you feel is offensive or sheds a negative light on the site please think before you reply. Quite often a reply is exactly what the poster wants just to inflate the fabricated hostility. Those that instigate this are called trolls and those the reply are feeding the trolls.

If you must comment on an offending post please use the 'Report this Post' option rather than replying to the thread. It takes the same amount of effort and you will be doing the site a service ;)

Pappy
03-16-2006, 09:53 PM
and besides, it gives us a heads up so we can bust the troll in the nutz too:chinese: :devil:

Johnny & Monica
03-16-2006, 10:50 PM
An after we beat them with a board an pappy does his nutz kicking they get banned :eek2:

Mxjunkie
03-17-2006, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
An after we beat them with a board an pappy does his nutz kicking they get banned :eek2:

daaaaayum :eek2:

wilkin250r
03-17-2006, 09:29 AM
Indeed. One bad post, we can edit, delete, or even ignore. However, nine flames will result in even more bad posts, and an argument that carries on for three pages. At that point, our only option (as moderators) is to close or delete the entire thread.

Also, for ME personally, feel free to send me a PM about a bad post if I'm online. The "Report This Post" goes to my email, which I only check once a day or so. Generally, I'll get a PM much faster than an email, and I can take immediate action.

Rip_Tear
03-17-2006, 02:31 PM
This post offends me, and I'd like to report it :p

Just kidding, good idea to post this. I'll give it a bump :D

coolex
03-18-2006, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
This post offends me, and I'd like to report it :p

Just kidding, good idea to post this. I'll give it a bump :D

ya more people need to see it how bout a big bump from me to get it to the top agian

MOFO
03-18-2006, 08:21 AM
I agree with Joe... doing this is a HUGE help and pin points bad posts right away. We dont have to spend hours and hours filtering through every post.

Honda TRX250ex
03-18-2006, 09:35 AM
Can do sir.

DaleJrFan
03-18-2006, 10:36 AM
This post needs to be a sticky in every thread!!

03-18-2006, 10:55 AM
Now the question is...how many smartasses reported this thread?

QuadJunkies
03-18-2006, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by MXFourTwoEight
Now the question is...how many smartasses reported this thread?

I can think of at least one....

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE smarty pants!! :p

JOEX~~ I coudlnt have said it any better ;)

SGA
03-18-2006, 02:15 PM
This is a good topic, one ive made about 3 times over the years.

I can assure you, ATVriders will not go down the tubes because of a few flamers. Us mods get tired of warning people that like to push the edge just to be a headache to the the site.
These days I just hit the boot button, no warnings. You can take it up with the admin to get back on.

As pappy said about 2 years ago, this is not a publicly owned website, this is a privately owned site. If you dont like the way things are done around here, feel free to find another place to hang.

LTandRaptorider
03-18-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
An after we beat them with a board an pappy does his nutz licking they get banned :eek2:

:eek: :eek2: :eek2: I didn't think pappy was like that! It's good to start beating me up with a board to get me in the mood... but isn't the banning afterward a little extreme? :confused: :devil: