PDA

View Full Version : Derisi Turn around Time?

red4r
03-16-2006, 08:22 PM
Ive changed the topic now to why gt thunder is "supposibly" better then other rebuilds" ? Ive herd good things bout derisi 2 tho? so Tell me wat u guys think thanks... i need help making a decsion lol thanks

Pappy
03-16-2006, 08:24 PM
1-3 weeks depending on if he has the springs for your particulair set up in stock.

03-16-2006, 08:49 PM
yep, what pappy said, you may want to look into G T Thunder if your wanting a little faster turn around time :macho

blake_mx_racer
03-16-2006, 08:51 PM
Not tryin to steal the thread but Pappy and Yurik yall know alot so which do you think is the bigger bang for your buck, DeRisi or GTthunder? I race motocross also

03-16-2006, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by blake_mx_racer
Not tryin to steal the thread but Pappy and Yurik yall know alot so which do you think is the bigger bang for your buck, DeRisi or GTthunder? I race motocross also

Well, the only people that are doing great work right now are Precision concepts and G T Thunder, I believe that G T Thunder is even more advanced that precision concepts and knows a little more about how suspension functions, I sent my shocks to G T Thunder and what I got back was incredible, I am totally pleased, no one else will be touching my shocks from now on but laz at G T Thunder if that says anything ;) :macho

blake_mx_racer
03-16-2006, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Yurik Norton
Well, the only people that are doing great work right now are Precision concepts and G T Thunder, I believe that G T Thunder is even more advanced that precision concepts and knows a little more about how suspension functions, I sent my shocks to G T Thunder and what I got back was incredible, I am totally pleased, no one else will be touching my shocks from now on but laz at G T Thunder if that says anything ;) :macho

Sounds like its really worth it. What package would i want for my mx bike?

Revalve shocks, new front springs, and new rear link - $645.00
-OR-
Revalve and respring all 3 shocks with a new rear link - $740.00

03-16-2006, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by blake_mx_racer
Sounds like its really worth it. What package would i want for my mx bike?

Revalve shocks, new front springs, and new rear link - $645.00
-OR-
Revalve and respring all 3 shocks with a new rear link - $740.00

i would for sure go with the second option if you can afford it, the first option you wont get as much travel from the linkage because he has to use a different link to work with the stock rear shock, when you send your rear shock in he will modify it to work with his longer travel linkage, which will offer you a better shock angle and progression ratio compaired to the other link and the stock link, so if you have the money the second option is better

red4r
03-16-2006, 09:40 PM
so wat you guys are saying that gt thunder is the probly the better setup to go with.. cuz im lookin for sumthing to lower my bike and keep me from bottoming out so much on the track...

fultz416ex
03-17-2006, 04:20 AM
i got my my 450r stock rebuilds back from derisi about 3 weeks ago and i love them. i have the mx set-up with the link. i have ridden works, elka, and pep and this set-up is right with the elka and pep shocks. i am a B rider in mx and this set-up is working great for me so far. haven't raced on them yet but i am sure they will perform great.

travis

03-17-2006, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by red4r
so wat you guys are saying that gt thunder is the probly the better setup to go with.. cuz im lookin for sumthing to lower my bike and keep me from bottoming out so much on the track...

IMO the G T Thunder setup is the only way to go, he has been working with shocks for years and spends many hours of development on shocks with his son, laz is the "guru" of the shock world, like i said, my shocks are never going in anyones hands but his, he does a great job

Pappy
03-17-2006, 09:05 AM
Laz does nice work, but I did not see much of a difference between his, derisi's and c&d racings rebuilds in all honesty.

derisi and gt thunder are very close, both use the exact same linkage and it will come down to who you wish to support.

for a basic respring and set up, c&d cant be beat either.

make a few phone calls, discuss what you want out of your set up and choose the builder that you feel wants to take care of you.

DEAL
03-17-2006, 09:51 AM
whats Gt thunders price on revalving a set of elkas.?

03-17-2006, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by DEAL
whats Gt thunders price on revalving a set of elkas.?

they are very cheap, i believe in the $400 range for all 3

03-17-2006, 10:11 AM
Yurik, remember this...

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if you think im just spouting off then dont listen to me, many people on this site know me, i am a reliable source of information, im running elkas not stock shocks like mixmaster is which would be y i did not know the airbox mod was needed,.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

are you running revalves or not?

kbass24emtp
03-17-2006, 02:11 PM
I'd follow Pappy's advice. I have DeRisi's MX set up. Santo has great customer service and you will not be dissapointed. As for wait time, Santo is really busy right now, but his stuff is well worth the wait.

03-17-2006, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by force
Yurik, remember this...

quote:
if you think im just spouting off then dont listen to me, many people on this site know me, i am a reliable source of information, im running elkas not stock shocks like mixmaster is which would be y i did not know the airbox mod was needed,.....

are you running revalves or not?

what in the world are you talking about man? yes my elkas are revlaved by laz? :confused:

if your just trying to go to every thread i speak in and try to prove me wrong, you can keep trying i guess lol :confused:

my elka shocks r revalved and resprung by laz, im running triple rates on the fronts with a more active top spring, and a single spring rear with progressive valving and his linkage

kazpr
03-18-2006, 08:48 AM
My turn around time was pretty good. Very happy with the outcome.

GOTFEAR
03-18-2006, 09:43 PM
norris quin motorsports in ga i get same day turnaround and test thim on his track

03-20-2006, 10:12 AM
sorry for posting in two seperate threads.
i was getting confused. in one thread, it sounds like you're running stockers.....and in another, like you're running elkas.

just wanted to know, straight up.

03-20-2006, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by force
sorry for posting in two seperate threads.
i was getting confused. in one thread, it sounds like you're running stockers.....and in another, like you're running elkas.

just wanted to know, straight up.

o ok, im running revalved elkas, sorry if i was misleading, it just was like you were following me and posting that same thing in every thread lol, sorry for the mistake :macho