PDA

View Full Version : 2005 400ex

gabeleal
03-16-2006, 06:59 PM
I tried to start my bike and all I got was a clicking sound, seems the battery died, tried to jump it with jumper cables from my car and now I have no power or will the lights or green light turn on....can anyone help????:grr:

400eXr1d3rZ
03-16-2006, 07:13 PM
dont jump it! or that will happen, well get a battery charger or go to you honda dealer and get a new battery, did u have lights before? whens the last time you rode it? in what conditions did you ride it?

gabeleal
03-16-2006, 07:35 PM
I have not rode the bike for about two weeks, but I have been turning on the bike on and off. Few days ago I had trouble starting it until the bike choked and I guess I drained the battery. As far as the lights are concerned, I believe they were working. I am going to have the battery charged tomorrow or perhaps buy a new.....do you believe this is the problem? Does the bike have a kill switch or a fuse of some kind????:eek2:

coryatver
03-16-2006, 07:47 PM
Yes it has a kill switch it is the switch right above the start button it has to be in the middle. And yes it does have a fuse but its not your problem. Your battery is dead from trying to start it. Just put it in first gear and have someone push you fast and drop the clutch to get it started. You may have fouled the plug though. Good luck. You might want to learn how to start it.

NCexRider
03-16-2006, 08:55 PM
Change your plug charge your battery and ride on..............

00400exrider
03-17-2006, 08:11 PM
i had the same problem. check the positive wire going to the starter make sure there both tight, and make sure the negative is tight. and it you push start it dont put it in first. always start out in second.trust me had to do it many times with my 400.

jeremy_283
03-17-2006, 08:36 PM
2nd gear push start is better cuz the engine will turn over easier and anyways i had to do it all weekend on a track once on my 2005 400ex i dunno wat it is but i got the battery tender plus to make sure that sucker is charged all the time all it is is a simple plug in like a wall outlet... check em out on the web.... i liked the $40 investment... and by the way my quad never did it till like 6 months after i got ... but every thing was checked out and said to be fine

skinkade
03-18-2006, 09:56 AM
I had the same problem. Make sure you check your fuse.

400eXr1d3rZ
03-18-2006, 11:06 AM
Change your plug, charge your battery, make sure the killswitch is in the middle, turn your lights off when you kill the bike (duh), fill her with gas and go!