PDA

View Full Version : Houser +2 A Arms and Pep ZPS Shocks

mdidonne
03-16-2006, 06:41 PM
Is anyone running this setup? Houser +2 A Arms and Peps Tripple Rate ZPS Style 21 clicks. I just ordered that suspension setup for my 05 Raptor. I was just wondering what anyone else has to say about it. I did alot of researching and decided that would suite me for the kind of riding and racing I will be doing. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

440ex#28
03-16-2006, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by mdidonne
Is anyone running this setup? Houser +2 A Arms and Peps Tripple Rate ZPS Style 21 clicks. I just ordered that suspension setup for my 05 Raptor. I was just wondering what anyone else has to say about it. I did alot of researching and decided that would suite me for the kind of riding and racing I will be doing. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Yea i ran that setup on my 440ex, a-arms where very sturdy and durable, i got my PEP ZPS shocks serviced by Baldwin Motorsports, and they worked GREAT, i have absolutely no complaints.

QuadJunkies
03-21-2006, 11:29 AM
Whats PEPs link to there website?? Also, is this the only colors of springs PEPS runs?? thanks :)

NacsMXer
03-21-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Whats PEPs link to there website?? Also, is this the only colors of springs PEPS runs?? thanks :)

PEP doesn't have a website really. Wayne Mooradian (sp) makes them on the west coast, but he is impossible to reach sometimes and getting a set of shocks is even worse.

Mark Baldwin tunes and sells PEP shocks on the east coast, that is where I got mine. www.baldwinmotorsports.com
Yes, the traditional red/white/blue springs are how the PEP's come; you can always have them repowdercoated by someone else if you don't like the colors :)

QuadJunkies
03-21-2006, 11:28 PM
Im trying to aviod doing any PC on the springs after a nightmare having that done before (long story)

thanks for that info ;)

toomeyshee87
03-22-2006, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
PEP doesn't have a website really. Wayne Mooradian (sp) makes them on the west coast, but he is impossible to reach sometimes and getting a set of shocks is even worse.

Mark Baldwin tunes and sells PEP shocks on the east coast, that is where I got mine. www.baldwinmotorsports.com
Yes, the traditional red/white/blue springs are how the PEP's come; you can always have them repowdercoated by someone else if you don't like the colors :)

when i bought my peps wayne told me he could send the springs to be repowdered any color but im sure the shocks will go up in price then. Personally i like the red white and blue....its peps signature

QuadJunkies
03-22-2006, 09:36 AM
Its not that I dont like the colors,they are nice.. they just dont go with the colors we are using is all ;)

fandl450r
03-22-2006, 11:17 AM
Its not that I dont like the colors,they are nice.. they just dont go with the colors we are using is all ;)

That's what custom shock covers are for. :)

NacsMXer
03-22-2006, 12:25 PM

I forgot to mention that they should include a high quality set of neoprene PEP shock covers with the shocks that you buy (choice of red, blue, black). They sell for like $90 for just the fronts if you buy them separate and they are much better than Shockwears (don't rub and wear the paint on the springs). If you can deal with shock covers then I believe your problem would be solved! :)

hondardr4life
03-22-2006, 04:57 PM
$90 for the front??? Last time I was at Baldwins it was like $37 for the fronts. That is definetly a good setup you bought.

NacsMXer
03-22-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by hondardr4life
$90 for the front??? Last time I was at Baldwins it was like $37 for the fronts. That is definetly a good setup you bought.

Maybe it was around 90 for a full set :confused: I do know they are close to that and damn expensive if you buy them separate.