PDA

View Full Version : how will this do in mx

250rmike
07-24-2002, 04:04 PM
how will this bike do against 250r's and 400's in the 250c class?

The bike is equipped as follows: Engine - TC 368 set up with a new 924 TC mx cam, titanium valve springs, high compression piston (12:1)TC porting, TC/Cobra pipe set up, SuperTrapp exhaust- TC modified, Lectron 44/38 taperjet carb with custom intake, TC cdi box, Elka fronts (16" triples with "piggyback" rezzies, Houser +4" a-arms (for a 250x) actually the a-arms are Houser +2's for a 400ex. Laegers +2" swing arm, and bearing
housing, Durablue or Lonestar axle (I can never remember which one is on which bike), Douglas bead locks on the rear(new in Feb.), and competition .190's on the front 50% remaining, rear holeshots with 90% remaining. Fresh fuel tank, 250r spring loaded chain tensioner, AC propeg nerfs, dg bumper
and grab, good chain - choice of sprockets, I think steel braided front lines (we have the two and I cant remember which one has them) , pro-taper handle bars, Houser steering stem and durablue steering damper

Pappy
07-24-2002, 04:36 PM
it wont work without a rider!!:D

but sounds sweet tho and ...again....its only gonna be as good as the rider!

Mity Mo
07-24-2002, 05:17 PM
400ex127 hit the nail on the head. The best bike in the world isnt worth a crap without a great rider. Mo;)

250rmike
07-24-2002, 06:50 PM
i know i am wondering with a average(i consider myself average) rider with other average rider could it be competitive? i am thinking of selling my r to a friend to get a mx bike and i am leaning towards a 4-stroke and this one sounds pretty good.

07-24-2002, 07:23 PM
Well, that sorta depends on how modified the quads are that you will be racing against. If they are slightly modified 400s and Rs, then yes, it will be competitive. If you will be racing against highly modified 400s and Rs (complete race motors and chassis') then no, it won't be competitive. Basically, it won't compete with 400s and Rs that have been heavily modified such as Rs with "national motor kits" or 400s with high compression big bores, wild cams, porting, large valves, and all the other goodies. At the local level in less than "A" class racing, it should be pretty good though.

250rmike
07-24-2002, 07:59 PM
yea i know it wont have chance against all out race national bikes. the only national i was planning on maybe racing was budds creek which i would race in 250c class. but i went to budds and there are only a few bikes there let alone i only saw like 8full race bikes out of like maybe 25 bikes total. how slightly modded can the 400's and r's be? i only have 4 classes at budd and i am gonna try to race a few races in pa. nothing more than b class if i can help it and thats only if they dont have a c class. hey kenny do you think i could take it around the pro track at landing mx. im not saying the real big doubles yet cause i dont have the kohones but just most of the jumps i would be satisfied with. the only bike i have ever seen jump it was a raptor with elka suspension. oh do you think it could stay close to a raptor on a track?

250rmike
07-24-2002, 08:02 PM
oh yea or do u think i would have a better chance if i was using my r with some works frt. shocks and a elka rear rebuild

250rmike
07-25-2002, 03:09 PM
comon i need some more thoughts people.

Pappy
07-25-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by 250rmike
oh yea or do u think i would have a better chance if i was using my r with some works frt. shocks and a elka rear rebuild

i think if you want to race then moddin your 250 is the way to go.
250c is very competetive in district7 so i would be concerned not only with the quad but the rider.

either the 400 or the 250 r can be made to be competetive. i have seen very good riders win in the a & b classes on almost stock quads. everyone knows what helps the quad in mx....so get the basics and start practicing.

as far as the expert track at the landing.....i dont think a stock 400 has enough power to even attempt the dooubles there. i have seen a rider there on a cdale clear them but that aint no stock 400. im not sayin the 400 wont clear the doubles in the front section...im talkin about the 50 ftr out of the tight turn.

anyway....set the quad up...practice hard and you should do fine.

sandman
07-25-2002, 06:44 PM
If you want to race MX and be competitive with other 250r's and 400EX's it only makes sence to mod your 250r... besides they are great MX quads..