PDA

View Full Version : Iowa XC Series

QUADROOKIE
03-16-2006, 06:34 PM
Ok, how many of you plan to attend at least one Iowa series race that has not been to one yet? You will want to race them all after you go to one I guarantee!!!:D

dj400ex
03-16-2006, 06:48 PM
i am going to try to make one.. maybe the first one in april

watts16
03-16-2006, 06:50 PM
I plan on running the series in the young C class. This will be my 1st year raing besides a few local events and one MO race.

Johnny & Monica
03-16-2006, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by QUADROOKIE
Ok, how many of you plan to attend at least one Iowa series race that has not been to one yet? You will want to race them all after you go to one I guarantee!!!:D

Have you tried a Mo. race yet just one an you`ll be hooked :devil: An your ol`lady will leave ya an you`ll be working the truck stop parking lot to support your XC habit :huh Ia. an Mo.

QUADROOKIE
03-16-2006, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
Have you tried a Mo. race yet just one an you`ll be hooked :devil: An your ol`lady will leave ya an you`ll be working the truck stop parking lot to support your XC habit :huh Ia. an Mo.

LOL! I may be working the truckstop anyway!!:D I want to try and make the Kahoka race if it doesnt interfere with anything else. Why go down there when most of you guys are up here for all our races anyway?--It's just about like a Mo. race lol!

DJJ450r
03-16-2006, 07:23 PM
I'll prollie go to one. DJ400ex is the one that takes me so its all up to him:blah:

Devon

Johnny & Monica
03-16-2006, 07:26 PM
Dont get your panty`s in a bunch there Scott just funning with ya .Feeling riled up tonigth look out Monica :devil:
Guess what sence I was lecturing you about old chains an all guess what happened to me today ? You got it Uehlin got off at noon so we went riding in the river bluffs An was in there a few miles an thru my chain thru the magneato cover . Good thing we took a tow strap for my other buddys cannondale because we need it to pull my green 450r home :mad:

QUADROOKIE
03-16-2006, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
Dont get your panty`s in a bunch there Scott just funning with ya .Feeling riled up tonigth look out Monica :devil:
Guess what sence I was lecturing you about old chains an all guess what happened to me today ? You got it Uehlin got off at noon so we went riding in the river bluffs An was in there a few miles an thru my chain thru the magneato cover . Good thing we took a tow strap for my other buddys cannondale because we need it to pull my green 450r home :mad:
No way!!??!!:eek: That sucks! Guess I better have Shawn ship that chain to me huh? Your R is green? Thats awesome!! Thats what I want next year is a kawi green 450R.

And my panties aint in a bunch! Just jawin! I would like to race some Mo races, that half hour less would be more up my alley as far as conditioning!!:rolleyes:

mbiigambler
03-16-2006, 08:29 PM
How long are the IA races? What is their website?

Johnny & Monica
03-16-2006, 08:33 PM
Ia. race 2 hours like the gncc an follow the same rules about
WWW.IATVHSS.COM

Johnny & Monica
03-16-2006, 08:38 PM
No way!!??!!:eek: That sucks! Guess I better have Shawn ship that chain to me huh? Your R is green? Thats awesome!! Thats what I want next year is a kawi green 450R.

And my panties aint in a bunch! Just jawin! I would like to race some Mo races, that half hour less would be more up my alley as far as conditioning!!:rolleyes:

Heres the twin to mine , I`m having Coby order my cover tommorow so I can hopfully race mo. next week . I`ve got Brain Bakers motor,plastic,drybreak tank,hmf system,An a different long travel elka set up , I sould have know better than to ride today without skidplate an case saver but the chain snapped in half an ended up going thru the mag. cover :mad:

parkers30
03-16-2006, 08:45 PM
I'll be at a few

Johnny & Monica
03-16-2006, 08:45 PM
Wait till you see Marks ITS orangie with the general lee graphics blue dc4 lonestar a-arms an clear dry break Was going to get pictures of it an mine an taylor an chances on the Ia. site but I`ll go on post pictures of the kids there bare framed now an setting in the back of my tahoe getting ready to be powdercoated here they are un-powdercoated

Johnny & Monica
03-16-2006, 08:47 PM
heres Chances.. taylors is the yellow an I`ll get a picture of marks this weekend

QUADROOKIE
03-16-2006, 08:56 PM
Well, the kids' rides are lookin good! I really do love that R of Bakers! I have always liked Kawi green. And it is about the least common color you see. Talked to Andy today. He said the track is all done, and totally different and a mile longer than last year with a couple new hillclimb sections. Did alot of dozer work so total new lay-out. He said they heading to brooks this weekend to start on the next track already!!:eek2: I absolutely cannot wait!!--Now if I can just get my shocks back in time!!:confused:

jgfarmsracer
03-17-2006, 12:36 AM
this is as far as i am right now!!!!!!!

Johnny & Monica
03-17-2006, 07:09 AM
No gusssets an that aint my pc job Jason Is that a different frame than last year ? Hey that is the same work bench thougth lol

jgfarmsracer
03-17-2006, 05:43 PM
yes alot different frame

work bench is always the same, ya just can't beat them Klotz cans

QUADROOKIE
03-17-2006, 05:49 PM
WOW! I guess I shouldn't feel so bad at least I have a quad intact! Just waitin on shocks and a chain from Honkey. I thought about riding my father-in-law's Warrior in stock class if my shocks aren't back. But really don't wanna do that!:huh

jgfarmsracer
03-17-2006, 06:02 PM
i'll be real close to runnig by sunday night

Johnny & Monica
03-17-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by jgfarmsracer
i'll be real close to runnig by sunday night

Nothing but nuts an bolts :devil:

jgfarmsracer
03-17-2006, 06:06 PM
and some fab work!!!!!!!!

QUADROOKIE
03-17-2006, 06:16 PM
It would be really nice to have the tools and know-how to do all that stuff. I mean, if I have to do that kind of stuff, I can do most anything with the right tools and manuals etc, (except welding) but I really have to take my time. Maybe someday when my boy gets older and starts racing, I will be able to devote some more time and money to the sport since it will be more of a family thing instead of dad trying to spend all the grocery money for his own enjoyment!:D

montycarlo
03-18-2006, 07:12 AM
I Maybe someday when my boy gets older and starts racing, I will be able to devote some more time and money to the sport

If you are able to devote more time and develop the mechanical ability you will spend less money!