PDA

View Full Version : Headlights and charging system

quadgeek631
03-16-2006, 06:21 PM
I had heard that on the '04 and '05 YFZ's if you took off the headlights, the charging system did not operate correctly and the battery would discharge. I have an '06 and for racing purposes would like to remove the front headlights. I just don't want my battery to go dead. Let me know if they corrected this problem for the new models, or if there isn't a problem at all!! Maybe I have bad information, but let me know what you guys are doing. Thanks for the help in advance.

ACEwrench
03-17-2006, 02:04 PM
the 06' has a resistor put on the bike stock as a fix for the over charging problems the 04-05's had... if you under the front cowl on the trottle side just below and to the tire side of the CDI you see it mounted to the frame...it has fins on it similar to a rectifier/regulator

dimnova36
03-26-2006, 06:49 PM
ok so i just got an 05 yfz and the battery was dead when i got it. I thought it just needed a new battery so I bought one and after the second ride the thing is stone dead.

Yes i took the headlights off the machine for mx purposes. Is that why the battery died. What can i do to make the battery charge like it should. PLEASE HELP!!

Pitboss45
03-27-2006, 10:19 AM
gytr makes a resistor pack that you need to put into the harness that will eliminate your problem.

or get an aftermarket stator that has the rectifier, and this is the better fix.

dimnova36
03-27-2006, 03:18 PM
any brand better then then the other when it comes to aftermarket stators that have rectifiers. where can i get the best deal on one?