PDA

View Full Version : Is the carb my problem?

Chevelle_Man70
03-16-2006, 05:23 PM
My 400ex is very moody. I started it this morning after a lot of trying and it finally started and ran just fine. It was a little rough but then I put some arb cleaner in there and it ideled fine for 15-20 minutes. Now the thing won't start. Every now and then it will putter like its going to and then nothing. Am I doning something wrong, or is the carb probably dirty? Thanks

Honda TRX250ex
03-16-2006, 05:26 PM
What kind of mods are you talking about here?
Give us some more infomation. Does the engine turn? Could it be eltrical? ect.

Chevelle_Man70
03-16-2006, 05:56 PM
My 400 is stock. It started up and ran fine this morning, not problems at all. now it turns over fine it just doesn't want to fire. Every now and then it putters like it wants to fire but it never does.

Honda TRX250ex
03-16-2006, 07:21 PM
Start out with the basic. Check the plug clean the carb and air filter. Put some starter fluid in there too.

Chevelle_Man70
03-16-2006, 07:28 PM
I have already changed the plug and air filter less than a week ago. so that is why i'm concerned.

Honda TRX250ex
03-16-2006, 07:53 PM
Check the gas. See if its on. See if your getting gas into the carb.
If your not getting gas take your carb out check it clean it.
Is your kill switch on? Also check your eltrical system.

Big - D Racing
03-16-2006, 08:51 PM
old gas, drain your tank and clean your carb, then a new plug and fresh gas, and bingo!

prepracing
03-16-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Chevelle_Man70
I have already changed the plug and air filter less than a week ago. so that is why i'm concerned.

check your plug again and make sure its tight and has not backed out

honda460ex
03-18-2006, 02:38 PM
Sounds like your float in your carb is sticking or you have a piece of dirt or something getting sucked up in the carb. My suggestion, just go ahead and take the carb off and clean the bowl out and spray carb cleaner all through your main jet and pilot jet. Take them out if you want and look through them to see if they are clogged. Typical problem from time to time. But if you wanna check to see if it will start before you do this, just shoot some carb cleaner up through the air boot and crank her over. She should fire then and probably die right after. Then you know for sure your carb just has something in it or clogged.