PDA

View Full Version : 250ex

07-24-2002, 03:03 PM
i'll be buying a 250ex for my little bro sat. and i want to know what he needs to do when he first get's it like is anything faulty and i'd also like to know what kinda pipe i should get him cuz i wanna get him one of those

flaneledholes
07-24-2002, 03:11 PM
Nothing really fauly on it just flip the front rims for him and a pipe is really personal refrence, I say go with the cheapest you can find and make sure it is spark-arrested so it keeps the noise levels down... Oh 2 last things, be sure to rejet and dont get a dg...

ryanh250ex
07-24-2002, 03:16 PM
get a Pro Circuit T-4 Complete System. they're loud but they add a **** of a lot of performance in the low and mid range and some in the top end too.i just got one last week and they kick a**

K400EX&A250EX
07-24-2002, 11:28 PM
Someone in this thread mentioned "flipping the front rims" for the 250EX. What exactly does that mean...what is the purpose of doing this...and what are the benefits/risks of doing so? My son (9) loves his 250EX and we are starting to do a few things to it to pep it up a little for riding at the dunes(just ordered a Big Gun Race Series full system)...and I'm just curious about what flipping the rims will do.

Striker49
07-24-2002, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by K400EX&A250EX
Someone in this thread mentioned "flipping the front rims" for the 250EX. What exactly does that mean...what is the purpose of doing this...and what are the benefits/risks of doing so? My son (9) loves his 250EX and we are starting to do a few things to it to pep it up a little for riding at the dunes(just ordered a Big Gun Race Series full system)...and I'm just curious about what flipping the rims will do.

Flippin the rims will make the front bout 2 inches wider. Im not sure how it would do on a 250 but it works good on a 400. You would need to have the stem flipped to so its on the inside of the rim(what will be the outside when you flip them) so it doesnt hit anything. I think thats right. And if you are mainly ridin in the dunes then it should be aight.
How much was the Big Gun system? I wanna put a pipe and all on mine but I dont really feel like forkin out the mula for such a small bike. :cool:

K400EX&A250EX
07-25-2002, 08:55 AM
Striker49...Thanks for the info about flipping the front rims. I may give it a try.

As far as the price of the Big Gun pipe for the 250EX, it was about $425 shipped for the full Race system. I don't know if it will be worth it or not, but I recently put one on my 400EX and was very pleased with the results. I probably wouldn't invest much in the 250EX if my son were any older than he is (9). He just started riding the 250EX last year when he outgrew his Scrambler 90. I think we'll get 3 good years out it before he starts jumping on the 400s and wanting one of those.