PDA

View Full Version : Tires for raptor 660

Blue_Streak23
03-16-2006, 01:32 PM
I'm thinking of buying an 2002 raptor 660 in which my bro owns in which i ride often. This raptor still has the stock tires on it but they look like asphalt slicks! I want to buy new tires. Do know what are some good and reliable tires. I want to give it more top end also, so should I go with 21 or 22 inchers, instead of the 20 inch stockers. I want to use these tirs on hard packed fields and in the mud. So I need a durable tire that also has descent sized lugs.

Racing Rice
03-16-2006, 05:27 PM
Do you need the extra ground clearance of the 21 or 22 inch tires? Do you have any suspension work done? Taller tires will make the Raptor feel even more tippy with stock suspension. If you just want more top end, just change the gearing.

Blue_Streak23
03-16-2006, 06:53 PM
Yes, I was looking for the extra ground clerance because I like to mud. No I have no suspension done, so I realize the tippyness. Though I was thinking about buying wheel spacers to widen the raptor, but I hear they are not good for jumping in which I do often. I have thought about the gearing, but I figured the tires would be a quick fix on the top end b/c I need tires anyhow.

wolffie
03-16-2006, 07:40 PM
i would reccomend just getting standard 20inch tires and then getting the Rath billet MX hubs! they are $160 and widen the rear end by 3inches! considering axles are much more expensive, this would be a great mod!

http://www.rathracing.com/store/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=85

TRX23rider
03-16-2006, 07:54 PM
actually a g-force axle is only $40 more and it is adjustable between 2 and 4in. and has life time warrenty. i would look into one of those to widen it up.

as for the tires i have had ZERO complaints with my HDs that im running and i would reccomed them for any type of terrain. htey hold up extremely well and have great traction!:D

wolffie
03-16-2006, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by TRX23rider
actually a g-force axle is only $40 more and it is adjustable between 2 and 4in. and has life time warrenty. i would look into one of those to widen it up.

as for the tires i have had ZERO complaints with my HDs that im running and i would reccomed them for any type of terrain. htey hold up extremely well and have great traction!:D

good point tim:D everyone seems to have mixed results with the G-Force, but being they have a lifetime warranty, i guess you cant really go to wrong!

do you think you really notice the extra weight of the HD's?

Blue_Streak23
03-16-2006, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by TRX23rider

I like the G-Force axle, but I have heard mixed feelings about them. Also I feel those HD's would be great b/c I feel you have rode on similar terrain with them!:D

TRX23rider
03-16-2006, 08:09 PM
yeah ive seen some people who have bent their g-forces in half!! but they sent them back and got new ones.

the HDs are perfect for what we ride in!!! the weight wont make that much difference seeing as you weight 100lbs!

:D :D

Blue_Streak23
03-16-2006, 08:21 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TRX23rider
yeah ive seen some people who have bent their g-forces in half!! but they sent them back and got new ones.

the HDs are perfect for what we ride in!!! the weight wont make that much difference seeing as you weight 100lbs!

:D :D [/QUOTE

Try a buck twenty, and yes I did just go and weigh myself.Thank You!:D The HD's seem to be awsome but there definenitly is a price to pay for the added traction and duribility.

hondaboy400ex55
03-18-2006, 08:03 PM
yeah i would like to have a set of HD's but wow there like 76.95 a tire

LIL rich for my taste

Blue_Streak23
03-18-2006, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by hondaboy400ex55
yeah i would like to have a set of HD's but wow there like 76.95 a tire

LIL rich for my taste

When you get them they will by worth the price. Believe me, a friend (TRX23rider) of mine has them on his 400ex.

wolffie
03-18-2006, 08:29 PM
yeah seriousely, they are worth the price! they are a bit heavy, but they hold up amazing!! tim uses them on all kinds of terrain, and rides hard. they have barely shown any sign of wear:D

Robin Hood
03-18-2006, 10:13 PM
I got 22" Holeshot XCT's and they work great in mud. :devil:

Blue_Streak23
03-19-2006, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
I got 22" Holeshot XCT's and they work great in mud. :devil:

Do you notice the raptor being anymore unstable through corners? If so how bad is it? Thats what I am worried about with buying 22".:ermm:

Speed_MDS2
03-29-2006, 06:29 PM
If you like mudding, irazr's would be a good choice.

Blue_Streak23
03-29-2006, 06:37 PM
The I-Razr's don't seem to have that big of lugs though. But they are nice and spread out! Do you have I-Razr's? If so how do they hold up? THey have some sick side walls!:blah:

raptordude
03-30-2006, 06:02 PM
I've got the ITP holeshot HD's...They rock!They hook up really good and I can still mow right past my buddies when they get stuck in the mud!

tgman
04-20-2006, 11:08 PM
I would recommend 20" razr 2, They are pretty durable, and have a very aggressive tread. I had 22" razr 2s before I got the 20", but they made the back feel too tippy. They also made my raptor feel much slower taking off. I use these all the time on the trail, and only switch to my regular razrs on when I'm at the track.

tater_kamik
04-21-2006, 01:15 PM
hd's are very tough and have a serious tread pattern! i want to get a set of the hd's myself because i have the mxr fronts and mxr4 rears.

Blue_Streak23
04-22-2006, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the replies, but I have already bought rear razr's....and I love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheScubaShop
05-08-2006, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by wolffie
i would reccomend just getting standard 20inch tires and then getting the Rath billet MX hubs! they are $160 and widen the rear end by 3inches! considering axles are much more expensive, this would be a great mod!

http://www.rathracing.com/store/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=85

so these hubs will work on an 06 700R raptor axel? i looked at the site but it said 500 predator

TheScubaShop
05-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by wolffie

just spoke to the guys at Rath and they said these hubs only work on the predator axle...