PDA

View Full Version : Rausch going down hill?

fasterz
03-16-2006, 12:46 PM
Im just kinda wonder what happened to this heaven for dirtbike/quad riders? The price to ride is $50!! What the hell, its $30 everywhere else, and yea i understand that they not only have a track but also tons of trails but ive never even riden the trails let alone seen them so why should i have to pay. Also they took away the best quad track and made it a dirtbike track last season. They also announced they were building a flat track last year and never did that. They never ever groom it and everything is messed up. I remeber in the past this place used to be top notch, any one know what happend? new management? owner?

Pappy
03-16-2006, 01:16 PM
Mark left as manager, new guys is a bike guy...

4TraxRider
03-16-2006, 01:20 PM
At $50 a ride it's no longer worth the drive for me and my friends. it's just too expensive. Usually about 150 in gas all together then a 50 to ride, then food and whatever we break. I do agree with the grooming as well, they need to do something.

bansheeguy77
03-16-2006, 01:28 PM
im going to stop up probably tomorrow and check it out. i havent been up in a few months. but i agree, 50 is way too much to pay...even for me and i live 10 minutes from the place. it used to pain me to pay 30, but it wasnt that bad knowing we had 2 tracks to ride on. the tracks used to be well groomed back in the day. so when i stop up i will inform everyone, and probably take pictures/video of the new track and such so everyone can see the new quad track...i hope it is great. rausch used to be the greatest place to go ever.....but from the sound of things....i wont be riding there too much if ever until im sponsored by them....which will probably not be a while :p

03-16-2006, 01:38 PM
Well, the price of operating tracks has gone up due to the rediculous increases in law suits to tracks. They need to cover themselves. You can't expect to ride for $30 forever. They turned the natural terrain track/intermediate track into a huge quad track. They probably don't spend much time grooming seeing as it's the middle of the winter, and they probably don't get a very big turnout. Check it out in the real riding season, like april-september. It'll be different then.

zeppelin
03-16-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by 4TraxRider
At $50 a ride it's no longer worth the drive for me and my friends. it's just too expensive. Usually about 150 in gas all together then a 50 to ride, then food and whatever we break. I do agree with the grooming as well, they need to do something.
the most i have ever payed for a track around here was $15 :eek2:

reichart90
03-16-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by MXFourTwoEight
Well, the price of operating tracks has gone up due to the rediculous increases in law suits to tracks. They need to cover themselves. You can't expect to ride for $30 forever. They turned the natural terrain track/intermediate track into a huge quad track. They probably don't spend much time grooming seeing as it's the middle of the winter, and they probably don't get a very big turnout. Check it out in the real riding season, like april-september. It'll be different then.

very true. i got the year long membership (active duty military $300 :blah: but until i think april 1st its $350. its worth to me then again i only live 30 mins away :bandit:

Tommy 17
03-16-2006, 01:53 PM
chances are i'll never go back... the last time i was there the place sucked bad!

Ralph
03-16-2006, 02:01 PM
I have a membership but my friends dont so i doubt i will be going there again either. No one wants to pay $100 to ride for two days.

03-16-2006, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by zeppelin
the most i have ever payed for a track around here was $15 :eek2: That's nice. But we have to drive a few hours to see a field where I live, so there's A track to practice at within an hour and a half. I pay whatever they charge, I realize that it's not free to have 15 employees, equiptment and a snack shack open 7 days a week. $50 is reasonable to me, they have to deal with the fact that people get hurt, sue them, raise their premiums, and there up goes the cost of riding. It's just what's going to happen.

zeppelin
03-16-2006, 02:14 PM
, I realize that it's not free to have 15 employees, equiptment and a snack shack open 7 days a week. why do they need that many emploies, most of the tracks around here are family owned, the father waters and maintains the track, the son takes your money as you enter and the mother sells consetions on race days or when they are really busy. i guess the biggest problem yall have is people suing the track, it is very rare for someone to do that around here. and usualy if a track gets sued they tell all of the other tracks and no one lets them ride at their places anymore :ermm:

03-16-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by zeppelin
why do they need that many emploies, most of the tracks around here are family owned, the father waters and maintains the track, the son takes your money as you enter and the mother sells consetions on race days or when they are really busy. i guess the biggest problem yall have is people suing the track, it is very rare for someone to do that around here. and usualy if a track gets sued they tell all of the other tracks and no one lets them ride at their places anymore :ermm: That must be nice. A track in NJ got sued for 15 million dollars last summer because a divorced father took his kids there without the mom knowing. Well, the kid broke his arm or something and she sued the track for like 15 million dollars. The price went up and now before you can ride there if you're under 18, you need a notorized waiver signed by both biological parents.

Ralph
03-16-2006, 02:21 PM
That must be nice. A track in NJ got sued for 15 million dollars last summer because a divorced father took his kids there without the mom knowing. Well, the kid broke his arm or something and she sued the track for like 15 million dollars. The price went up and now before you can ride there if you're under 18, you need a notorized waiver signed by both biological parents.

NJORVP??? they have always been extremely expensive for a pretty lame track.

also about rausch, They charge $50 to ride plus a $10 a year insurance fee...

i think it has gotten a little out of control. and why does it just so happen when the manager leaves? The old manager was an awesome dude and he would personaly groom the track for us at 7 in the morning at the ATVRiders.com rides....

03-16-2006, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
NJORVP??? they have always been extremely expensive for a pretty lame track.
Yea, the dirtbike track sucks, and the atv track is laughable.

bansheeguy77
03-16-2006, 03:46 PM
That's nice. But we have to drive a few hours to see a field where I live, so there's A track to practice at within an hour and a half. I pay whatever they charge, I realize that it's not free to have 15 employees, equiptment and a snack shack open 7 days a week. $50 is reasonable to me, they have to deal with the fact that people get hurt, sue them, raise their premiums, and there up goes the cost of riding. It's just what's going to happen.

dude like usual you dont know what the hell you are talking about. first off....during winter they are only open sat and sunday. they dont have all their employees there when they are operating second....not many work there on a full time basis...which leads one to believe....they make around 8-10 an hour? so say on an average day they spend 500 paying employees....equipment maybe another 500....so theres what 20 riders? have you ever seen that place during hte summer on weekends? it was hard to find a damn parking spot! during the week they usually get between 20-40 people as well.....so lack of funds is not an issue. and dont say the snack bar is an expense....they make a mint off of that.....at like 1.50 per hotdog...you can buy a pack for 99 cents.....food is always sold for over half of cost...and in some instances higher.....so they make more money off of that....so i doubt lack of funds is the problem.....

but i do agree on the grooming in winter thing....it has usually been like that in the past...they dont keep up too well in winter but during prime season its usually good....

03-16-2006, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
dude like usual you dont know what the hell you are talking about. first off....during winter they are only open sat and sunday. they dont have all their employees there when they are operating second....not many work there on a full time basis...which leads one to believe....they make around 8-10 an hour? so say on an average day they spend 500 paying employees....equipment maybe another 500....so theres what 20 riders? have you ever seen that place during hte summer on weekends? it was hard to find a damn parking spot! during the week they usually get between 20-40 people as well.....so lack of funds is not an issue. and dont say the snack bar is an expense....they make a mint off of that.....at like 1.50 per hotdog...you can buy a pack for 99 cents.....food is always sold for over half of cost...and in some instances higher.....so they make more money off of that....so i doubt lack of funds is the problem.....

but i do agree on the grooming in winter thing....it has usually been like that in the past...they dont keep up too well in winter but during prime season its usually good.... When did I say they were open everyday during the winter? I was generally speaking, not talking about this week. Yes, I have been there on a summer weekend, and yes , they are busy, but insurance is so expensive that that's what the price needs to be . And yea, i'm sure they make money on the deal, it is a business, not a charity. I guess the new owner/manager wanted to make some more $$ then Mike, that's fine, if it's his track he can do what he wants. I'm sure the turnout will be the same.

400ex28
03-16-2006, 04:14 PM
the track i ride at is family owned and its only 10$ to ride but if you pay 15$ they will water it or groom it for you

Tommy 17
03-16-2006, 04:42 PM
yeah i really miss mark at rausch... he always did everything + more for us...

i'll stick to the local tracks for 10 - 15 $ a day to practice...

Rrider4life8
03-16-2006, 04:43 PM
i pay 15 bucks down here to . . if that

Ralph
03-16-2006, 04:48 PM
I guess the new owner/manager wanted to make some more $$ then Mike, that's fine, if it's his track he can do what he wants. I'm sure the turnout will be the same.

But hes loosing very big recognition and buisness. It appears like they arent being as welcoming to the atvriders.com group rides either this year which is quite a good share of buisness right there and it just displays their changed attitude toward atv enthusiats. And i dont think any dirtbike rider is gonna be happy paying 50 bucks to ride for the day.

Look at how many people have noticed a NEGATIVE change already, before the season even really started. and thats only the small percentage of their customers that are members here too. It doesnt seem like good buisness to me. I love the place and the intermediate track is fun too but i dont think what they are doing is right.

mole97
03-16-2006, 04:55 PM
I KNOW I POSTED IN ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT THIS BUT IN CASE NOONE SAW IT ,I WAS THERE YESTERDAY AND I KNOW IT'S WINTER BUT THE TRACK WAS PRETTY BAD.. IT COULD HAVE USED A LITTLE GROOMING. AND FOR 50 BUCKS AND 15 FOR THE "MEMBERSHIP" PLUS A 3HR RIDE AND THEY NO LONGER ALLOW QUADS ON THE SO CALLED INTERMEDIATE TRACK,I THINK I WILL BE MAKING ROAD TRIPS TO A LOT OF DIFFERANT PLACES AND GIVE ANYTHING ELSE A TRY.I DON'T MEAN TO BASH THE PLACE,CAUSE I USED TO LIKE GOING BUT YOU JUST GET THE SENCE THEY DONT REALLY CARE ABOUT QUADS, ESPECIALLY IF THERE WILLING TO CUT A TRACK OUT FROM US.I HOPE I'M WRONG,CAUSE THE LAST THING I WANT IS ANOTHER PLACE NOT TO RIDE AT,BUT IF IT DOESNT GET BETTER I KNOW I WONT BE GOIN BACK.MY 2 CENTS. AND I'M NOT TRYIN TO OFFEND ANYONE JUST MY OPINION.

bansheeguy77
03-17-2006, 08:22 AM
When did I say they were open everyday during the winter? I was generally speaking, not talking about this week. Yes, I have been there on a summer weekend, and yes , they are busy, but insurance is so expensive that that's what the price needs to be . And yea, i'm sure they make money on the deal, it is a business, not a charity. I guess the new owner/manager wanted to make some more $$ then Mike, that's fine, if it's his track he can do what he wants. I'm sure the turnout will be the same.

ok first off i want to apologize....i confused you for somebody else. i understand that its not a charity....and again thats cool if he wants to make more money...but look at all the national quad recognition that place gets....how many pro bike riders go there? we should atleast be = and be treated as such.

and thats not true, everyone i talked to about rausch said they are done with that place....i mean look at this post alone....would you rather have a parking lot full of $30 paying customers or a lot 1/4 full of ppl paying $50.....unless they have some super huge changes in the works to make it the pebble beach of off roading......its not worth it

QuadRacer041
03-17-2006, 08:34 AM
Anyway you look at it, its NOT as good as it used to be and the price is MUCH higher. Pay more get less?????? Nahhh i'll only be there for race events, $50 to practice is ridiculous.

Mxjunkie
03-17-2006, 08:40 AM
I can do a harescramble race now and pay the same to go to rausch and fugg around :o

Mxjunkie
03-17-2006, 08:42 AM
and thats not true, everyone i talked to about rausch said they are done with that place....i mean look at this post alone....would you rather have a parking lot full of $30 paying customers or a lot 1/4 full of ppl paying $50.....unless they have some super huge changes in the works to make it the pebble beach of off roading......its not worth it

yeah dude, if it was like 25 bucks with the 10 or 15 memeber thing it would be PACKED. Now this 50 dollar thing only the rich kids are going to go or people going once a year now.

jcv400ex
03-17-2006, 10:03 AM
$50 to ride is waaay out of line! The reason I never went was because of the $30. Now I don't even have to consider it....never going to Raush....

Up here we pay $10 at a track or $10-$15 to ride/trail ride. Or splurge for the $20 season pass to the National Forest trails....WOW, I feel bad for ya'll.

One thing sums it all up.....GREED!!!!!!!!!

bansheeguy77
03-17-2006, 11:03 AM
i think....atvriders.com needs to all bond together....have fundraisers go door to door selling cookies and candles....and raise lots of money and build our own..quads only track....thats only like 15 to ride....

btw, i know the rausch management ALWAYS surfs this site...and i know they are seeing this post...i wish they would reply and clear some things up for us....ive always loved that place....so i hope there is reason behind this so i can continue to love it :scary:

03-17-2006, 11:45 AM
i think....atvriders.com needs to all bond together....have fundraisers go door to door selling cookies and candles....and raise lots of money and build our own..quads only track....thats only like 15 to ride....

btw, i know the rausch management ALWAYS surfs this site...and i know they are seeing this post...i wish they would reply and clear some things up for us....ive always loved that place....so i hope there is reason behind this so i can continue to love it :scary: The old manager was the one who posted here, idk if the new owners/managers/price setters/groomers post here:p

Ripitupfilms
03-17-2006, 11:57 AM
if everyone really would like to ride rausch ... and rides alot there...they would have bought the season its 350$$ a couple of months ago thats 7 rides thier and its paid off...

i like rausch butt i wish they would actually make the quad track better and work on it instead of the DIRTbike track all the time

Quad Boy 660r
03-17-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by 400ex28
the track i ride at is family owned and its only 10$ to ride but if you pay 15$ they will water it or groom it for you

I see you are from Evansville. Have you ever gone to Podium 1? We are planning on going there this year. I have heard many good things about it.