PDA

View Full Version : Rod bearing

sick&twizted
03-16-2006, 12:12 PM
I just recently had the privilage of losing my rod bearing, which took out my piston and cylinder. I am thinking of going to a 13.1 97mm setup. Cant find any hc 97mm pistons other than the 13.1. I was running a 14.1 stock bore. How will the bigger bore, less comp, compare to my old setup, considering everything else is the same? Also does anyone know where I can find a 13.5 to 1 or a 14.1 piston for a 97mm bore?

03-16-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by sick&twizted
I just recently had the privilage of losing my rod bearing, which took out my piston and cylinder. I am thinking of going to a 13.1 97mm setup. Cant find any hc 97mm pistons other than the 13.1. I was running a 14.1 stock bore. How will the bigger bore, less comp, compare to my old setup, considering everything else is the same? Also does anyone know where I can find a 13.5 to 1 or a 14.1 piston for a 97mm bore?

bigger bore means you will have more torque and more top end power, the lower comp piston means you are obviously going to lose some torque, but imo i think the bore will make up for it and it should perform very close to the same as your old setup, maybe even a little more top end power

as for the high comp piston on a 97mm bore, check DASA and see what he can do for you