PDA

View Full Version : Differences between Predators

Predatorman500
03-16-2006, 11:10 AM
Do you guys think that there are differences between "03, 04 ,05,06" Predators with speed b/c i have an 04 and i have raced a few 03s and have them preaty bad (i am talking drag racing) just wondering what you guys thought!!!:D

1fstpred
03-16-2006, 12:14 PM
Stock for Stock 03 to 04 should not be a difference if tuned correctly. The 03 did have a bad tranny problem. 05's should get you off the line then you should catch and pass them (their 5th gear is real close to 4th) My friend has an 05 and I was real impressed 1st through 4th and 5th felt like someone put the brakes on.

DieselBoy
04-12-2006, 12:19 AM
how common was the tranny problem in the 03? the raptor in 2001 had a tranny problem to? i dont want tranny problems

MAaudioX10
04-12-2006, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by DieselBoy
how common was the tranny problem in the 03? the raptor in 2001 had a tranny problem to? i dont want tranny problems

LOL, no one wants tranny problems...I sure as h.e.l.l. didn't but, it happened. The reason for the transmission failures is due to weak shift forks that plague ALL Predators not just 03'. The 03' are more prone to the failures but, any year could have a problem.

I was naive enough to think that my 05' would be fine. 8 months later, tranny locked up. Broke the shift drum, 3rd gear, 4th gear, and a shift fork. I do not power shift. I changed oil every 10 hours......chit, the last 6 months of that transmissions' life was slow trail riding because I broke my back.

2 months out of warranty and polaris warrantied parts only. It is something but, still BS!

I love my Pred! I have about $11,000 in my 558 Pred but, this will be my last Pred!! I will never sell this one and if the tranny goes out again, I will fix it but, in a couple of years, I will have a new quad and it won't be polaris.

Best thing to do to prevent it, is pray...cuz, it is hit or miss.