PDA

View Full Version : anyone running Knarly's

440_Turtle
03-16-2006, 09:11 AM
they look similar to teh i-rzrs and are half the price, or should i just look at razr2's instead. Anyone running them id like to know if they like/dislike

300exOH
03-16-2006, 09:16 AM
I am very happy with my knarly's. They are a great trial tire IMO. They are hard to beat for the price too. I haven't tried the I-Razrs though.

rob-u/21
03-16-2006, 10:18 AM
I ran Kenda Knarly 21-10x9 in this years baja 250 and am very pleased with them. I made the switch from ITP's to Kenda because ITP is to high priced for me.

440_Turtle
03-16-2006, 01:05 PM
do either of you have any pictures, i hate a "BALLOON" tire i like a square face.

300exOH
03-16-2006, 01:08 PM
mine

WHLNWGN
03-16-2006, 03:09 PM
Knarly's are nice, and can do some good chest pelterin if your behind em. They HOOK!!!

roundsy
03-18-2006, 03:38 PM
i am going to running knarlys later on this spring and i will also be running klaws...ive heard that the i-razrs hook real well in mud/sand but wear horribly opn hard pack and trails while the knarlys have a good wear factor all around

QuadJunkies
03-19-2006, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by roundsy
i am going to running knarlys later on this spring and i will also be running klaws...ive heard that the i-razrs hook real well in mud/sand but wear horribly opn hard pack and trails while the knarlys have a good wear factor all around

Actually, I have had two sets of knarlys and yes, they area SUPER tire- I LOVE THEM!! But, they do wear quickly in harder conditions . My klaws have WAY out lasted my Knarlys. Both very good tires and yes, the knarlys do HOOK UP! :blah:

Our tracks are alot of hard pack and desert like conditions and thye do wear faster...;)

IOWAracer
03-19-2006, 11:02 PM
IM running them on my 450R for xc this year i rode today and raced 2 weeks ago with them today the riding area was a little wider than the race was which is what i am used to i am running stock tires on the front and with the knarly rears i push in the corners cause they hook up so i ordered a set of klaw fronts that i am gonna go get tomarrow but they are the best tires i have owned and they are much nicer than razr's and I-razr's plus I-razr's are radials and from what i ahve heard the wear very fast just my .02$

400exrider707
03-19-2006, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Actually, I have had two sets of knarlys and yes, they area SUPER tire- I LOVE THEM!! But, they do wear quickly in harder conditions . My klaws have WAY out lasted my Knarlys. Both very good tires and yes, the knarlys do HOOK UP! :blah:

Our tracks are alot of hard pack and desert like conditions and thye do wear faster...;)

Your talking about a different tire then the rest of these guys. You were running the knarly MX tires correct? They are a softer compound than the klaws, and would wear faster. The taller knarlys are not nearly as soft of a compound.

QuadJunkies
03-20-2006, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Your talking about a different tire then the rest of these guys. You were running the knarly MX tires correct? They are a softer compound than the klaws, and would wear faster. The taller knarlys are not nearly as soft of a compound.
Sorry, I assumed the two had the same compound I never heard any different.. Disregard my statement then

Yes- the MX version burned off very fast but still a great tire.

So how it the XC style for cornering??

Dr89
03-20-2006, 07:26 PM
i've had the knarlys for like a week now and already like them 10 times more than the razrs or the holeshots, hook up everywhere, havent been in snow or sand yet though. slide good too, i'll be buying them again for sure.