PDA

View Full Version : How to file for mail fraud?...mod300ex

300exOH
03-16-2006, 08:25 AM
Well it looks like I finally got screwed by a member on here. I sent out a money order about a month ago and have sent numerous PM's to mod300ex to get him to send the 250r thumb throttle and he has not replied to my last couple mesages. Can anyone tell me how to go about filing for mail fraud?

300exOH
03-16-2006, 12:29 PM
Helloooo... McFly???????

Anyone?:confused:

honduh440
03-16-2006, 12:35 PM
your pretty much screwed all he has to say is he didnt recieve it. try to get into the habit of using paypal

300exOH
03-16-2006, 12:43 PM
Well after scouring the USPS website for the 3rd time I finally found the info I need to file. I'm guessing nothing will come of it but it's worth a shot. I think you're right though. I'm probably screwed. I'm just glad is was only $50. I have always had great success with dealing with folks online. I usually do use paypal but this time I didn't. Lesson learned I guess.:(

Thanks for your input.

03-16-2006, 02:15 PM
bummer dude

zeppelin
03-16-2006, 02:16 PM
atleast it was just a thumb throttle and not something more expensive like the whole motor.

300exOH
03-16-2006, 09:58 PM
Yeah. I'm glad it isn't a high priced item but it's still enough to feed my family for a few days.

mod300ex has pm'ed me and says he messed up on the address so I'm giving him one more chance. I'm hoping this was just a mix up and everything turns out okay but...

Johnny & Monica
03-16-2006, 10:05 PM
If it was a us postal money order I think you would be safer than others . I would follow thru with filing a complaint with the post office if it was there money order . Let us know the out come . I have a honda thumb throttle here on my desk rigth now 35.00 shipped pay-pal ?

JOEX
03-16-2006, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by 300exOH
Yeah. I'm glad it isn't a high priced item but it's still enough to feed my family for a few days.

mod300ex has pm'ed me and says he messed up on the address so I'm giving him one more chance. I'm hoping this was just a mix up and everything turns out okay but...
Thanks for the update. If mod300ex doesn't come through please follow through with the fraud complaint.

Mistakes happen and many are legitimate but some use that excuse to prolong the screwing over;)

I'm not implying mod300ex is trying to commit fraud ;)

300exOH
03-16-2006, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
If it was a us postal money order I think you would be safer than others . I would follow thru with filing a complaint with the post office if it was there money order . Let us know the out come . I have a honda thumb throttle here on my desk rigth now 35.00 shipped pay-pal ?

Actually it is a US postal money order. I told him I would give him another week before I take any action. Thanks for the offer on the throttle but I have since sold the R. I'm just trying to get it so I can get at least some of my money back. I even thought about using it for my 300 but I'm not sure it will work. Thanks for the info.

300exOH
03-16-2006, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Thanks for the update. If mod300ex doesn't come through please follow through with the fraud complaint.

Mistakes happen and many are legitimate but some use that excuse to prolong the screwing over;)

I'm not implying mod300ex is trying to commit fraud ;)

I'm trying not to jump to conclusions and give him the benefit of doubt but if I have to file I will. It could be an honest mistake. Stuff happens. But I am definitely ready for the worst.:scary:

I will keep everyone updated.
Thanks

Cody_300ex
03-17-2006, 05:40 AM
If its a USPS money order, it is a federal crime if he trys to screw you over happened to me once, guy finally sent the stuff after the post master came knocking on his door.:macho

Ripitupfilms
03-17-2006, 07:32 AM
this sucks man i really dont want to buy anything on here any more

QuadRacer041
03-17-2006, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by honduh440
your pretty much screwed all he has to say is he didnt recieve it. try to get into the habit of using paypal

he would still have a reciept and if the other dude cashed the money order that is proof he got it. he would need to go to his bank to cash it.

300exOH
03-17-2006, 09:36 AM
I do have the USPS money order receipt still so I should be able to prove my end of the story. I'm sure that postal service can find out if it has been cashed.

I am a little nervous about buying from people now too but I have had no problems with folks in the past. I'll just be a bit more careful who I deal with from now on. From now on I'll only be dealing with people who have some good trader feedback. I have always researched the people I buy from but I took a chance this time since he had been a member on here for some time. Lesson learned I guess.:o

300exOH
03-23-2006, 11:32 PM
As of today I have recieved nothing from mod300ex. I am going tomorrow morning to the post office to file for mail fraud.:mad: :macho

03-24-2006, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by 300exOH
As of today I have recieved nothing from mod300ex. I am going tomorrow morning to the post office to file for mail fraud.:mad: :macho dont let him get away with this...gj

Mxjunkie
03-24-2006, 09:28 AM
People need to quit this crap on this website, you cant get away with it which has been proven countless times, earn money with a job not screwing people over.. :rolleyes:

I hope you get him and he gets in DEEP chit.

300exOH
03-24-2006, 01:41 PM
Oh I won't be letting this punk get away with it. I didn't get a chance to hit the post office today but I will tomorrow or Monday. I hope he thinks $50 is worth going to jail for.:rolleyes:

300exOH
03-27-2006, 12:10 PM
I finally filed for mail fraud this afternoon. He'll be hearing from the postmaster very soon.

Johnny & Monica
03-27-2006, 12:36 PM
Please keep us informed of the actions takin maybe others will learn from this , Maybe post the steps you had to take with this scammer to get refunded it could be really helpful for others to follow :D

Johnny & Monica
03-27-2006, 12:37 PM
1st off always try to use a us postal money order or pay-pal for the most protection :D

300exOH
03-27-2006, 12:46 PM
That's not a bad idea.

So far I took my receiptfor the money order in and explained my situation to the postal worker and that I wanted to file for mail fraud. She gave me a form to fill out that basically asked for the details of the transaction, buyers/sellers info and also had a box to fill in the money order number. Aparently they will use this info to contact mod300ex to let him know he needs to send the item or return the money. She had another guy call and see if the money order had been cashed (which it hadn't). She then gave me another form to fill out that will allow the money order to be reissued but she told me that I may want to wait a week or so to see if I get any response out of the seller first.

So far that's all there is to it. I will keep everyone updated as I find out more.

300exOH
03-27-2006, 12:49 PM
BTW- I did use a postal money order which helps the post office track it and hopefully will make it much easier to get a refund. I do prefer using paypal though.

300exHONDARIDER
03-27-2006, 01:17 PM
I just had a situation very similar to this. I bought, or so i thought, something from one of the guys on this site. I paid with a money order as well. So i had the reciet, and his address. It only took a quick check on google, to find his home phone number, and after a small threat of legal action, and a threat of calling his dad...he came thru and sent my money back.
His version of events could be true, so im not gonna name names, but i wouldnt do business with him again. He claimed they items were stolen...a week AFTER he cashed the money order. (it seemed so suspiciuous, because he wanted the money sent right away...yet he was gonna sit on my goods for a week?)Then he proceded to drag things out.
Seems to me, the money order, as long as its sent to a verifiable address (not a po box), and you have his name, and thats whats written on the pay to line...you got the other guy by the nuts.
I have yet to be screwed using paypal, but i would think it would be hard to collect if someone decided to screw you, and not come clean. At least with a postal money order...you got a name and address, and reciet...so you have legal standing, to go to the postal authorities.
And if all else fails...you got an address to send some 'collecters' to.
Good luck, but i think seeing how the money order hasnt been cashed, you will probably get a refund by the post office.

Johnny & Monica
03-27-2006, 01:22 PM
Good luck an kep us posted , Years ago my little brother used 711 money orders to pay all his monthly bills an everything got shut off the money orders all bounched an the money order company went bankrupt very bad deal for my brother , But the US Postoffice will always be around :D But pay-pal is good also .

300exOH
03-27-2006, 03:45 PM
The money order was sent to a PO Box.:ermm: If he doesn't cash it before I fill out the form to reissue the money order I can get most of my money back. The postal worker did say it would cost about $4 to get it reissued.

Wow 711 money orders all bounced?:eek: That would be a disaster. If anything this has taught me to be much more cautious when dealing over the web from now on. Luckily it didn't cost me much to learn a lesson.

Thanks for the input.:D

300exOH
11-28-2007, 10:41 PM
Sincew I noticed this guy is trying to sell things on here again I thought I'd bump this up to let everyone know that I NEVER received the thumb throttle OR any cash.

DON"T BUY FROM HIM...Check the blacklist first before buying anything from anyone one here.

Bradracer18
11-29-2007, 07:48 AM
My mom is a postmaster, and the president of the Iowa postmasters. She's been doing it for about 20 years now.

It should be able to be figured out.....if you send another one, send it using like a mail/letter tracking system that the post office has....then you can have delivery confirmation, as to wether he picks up the letter or not.

300exOH
11-29-2007, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Bradracer18
My mom is a postmaster, and the president of the Iowa postmasters. She's been doing it for about 20 years now.

It should be able to be figured out.....if you send another one, send it using like a mail/letter tracking system that the post office has....then you can have delivery confirmation, as to wether he picks up the letter or not.

This was almost 2 years ago so I doubt there's anything that can be done now. A fraud complaint was filed but the Ohio postmaster apparently did nothing about it. I never heard anything from them again. I just wanted to make sure everyone saw this post as a warning NOT to buy from this guy.