PDA

View Full Version : GT thunder?

blakefoote
03-16-2006, 06:48 AM
I know that this is asked about a few 1000 times:rolleyes: ...but are the GT thunder rebuilds worth the money?...how much is it for them to do a good front end for a C class national MX racer?...I want some really good suspension for my 450er and just got my a-arms on it and my shocks are just a lil soft...:ermm:

mills_racing
03-16-2006, 07:14 AM
Yes they are definatley worth it. Laz is starting to focus even more on making the stock suspension better so its going to improve more.

03-16-2006, 08:12 AM
yah its worth it

03-16-2006, 04:56 PM
all day long. i'm calling him tommarow:D

03-16-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by blakefoote
I know that this is asked about a few 1000 times:rolleyes: ...but are the GT thunder rebuilds worth the money?...how much is it for them to do a good front end for a C class national MX racer?...I want some really good suspension for my 450er and just got my a-arms on it and my shocks are just a lil soft...:ermm:

it is for sure worth it!!! suspension mods are one of the best ways to improve your lap times, i would say it would be around $600 for a full setup, front and rear with a linkage, just fronts i am not sure about, laz does great work you have absolutly nothing to worry about, you may want to check out the website for more info

www.gtthunder.com

bluebaron
03-16-2006, 09:21 PM
are they better than the elkas that are around $450

03-16-2006, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by bluebaron
are they better than the elkas that are around $450

is what better then elkas? the revalve?

if you go with elka, im guessing the rec series is what you are talking about? you will have better components and a bigger shock shaft etc, which is better then the stock stuff

if your just a rec rider and dont think elka is what you need, then a revalve would work fine, just depends where your at

now if your talking $450 for an elka with ressie, id for sure get that over the revalve, it just depends, if you could specify more i could help you out

bluebaron
03-16-2006, 10:03 PM
Sorry for not being specific, is the revalve/respring comparable to something like this, well i cant get a link to ebay for some reason, Item number: 4619759102

cals400ex
03-16-2006, 10:15 PM
just ask laz which would be better. he will come straight up and tell you. you need to be specific on the specs with the elkas you are looking at for him to be able to give you a definite answer.

red4r
03-16-2006, 10:27 PM
How does laz's rebuilds do on the track anyone no? Would u guys recomend them over the other rebuilds thanks...

mills_racing
03-17-2006, 05:08 AM
Im running the rear revalve and linkage and it is awsome, no more buck out of the rear end when you get into the choppy stuff or anything. It is well worth it.

03-17-2006, 08:59 AM
Laz does excellent work on shocks, mine perform awesome and soak up the bumps like never before, he is always willing to help you out also and give you good information, if you are wanting to do a revalve G T Thunder would be my only option

03-17-2006, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Yurik Norton
Laz does excellent work on shocks, mine perform awesome and soak up the bumps like never before, he is always willing to help you out also and give you good information, if you are wanting to do a revalve G T Thunder would be my only option

that's a little misleading.......makes it look like you are running the stock revalves. but you're not, correct?

you're running elkas revalved by GT Thunder. Right or wrong?

03-17-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by force
that's a little misleading.......makes it look like you are running the stock revalves. but you're not, correct?

you're running elkas revalved by GT Thunder. Right or wrong?

sorry, im running elkas redone by laz, the main reason for this is his rear end setup is amazing, way better then what any shock company is making right now, hes doing a progressive valving setup that seems like zero preload, but with only 1 spring, its a nice setup :macho