PDA

View Full Version : whats eveyone running for wheels?

QuadJunkies
03-16-2006, 12:41 AM
We just bought a brand new set of Douglas wheels for our minis and in one wk end we taco'ed both sets :(

I think we need to move to a heavier wheel as much as I didnt want to add the weight but we cant have that every race! :scary: :p lol

Just wondering whats all avail and what your experiences are with them

dj250r
03-16-2006, 10:20 AM
http://www.omfperformance.com/
get the rings this will help the rims out

QuadJunkies
03-16-2006, 10:25 AM
Hows the pricing ?? thanks for the info ,I appreciate it :) Is this what most of the minis are running??
We have currently just the .125 Douglas

Im still blown away that in one day they taco'ed them like they did :confused: :huh

wvspeedfreak
03-17-2006, 07:44 PM
The blue labels(.125)don't hold up real well if your kid is a very agressive rider.On the other hand thre red labels(.190)are a little heavy on the minis especially in the front but they are definately tough.

Johnny & Monica
03-17-2006, 07:58 PM
QuadJunkies on your front wheels did they fit rigth on the hubs a freind bougth itps for his boys an the center dont slide over the hub because the funny shape. He ended up putting spacers on after milling them to fit on the kaseas
:ermm:

QuadJunkies
03-17-2006, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
QuadJunkies on your front wheels did they fit rigth on the hubs a freind bougth itps for his boys an the center dont slide over the hub because the funny shape. He ended up putting spacers on after milling them to fit on the kaseas
:ermm: yup.. we had to do the same.

Anyone else make a good wheel?

Johnny & Monica
03-17-2006, 11:36 PM
What did you do to make it fit with out the spacers ? An no I still aint found a swingarm bolt , collar , an nut ? I really need one more set of front an rear wheels to. They race in 2 weeks an I have 2 bare frames sitting in back of my tahoe now for 2 days need to gusseted an pc`ed :rolleyes: Pass on that info please Thanks

QuadJunkies
03-17-2006, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
What did you do to make it fit with out the spacers ? An no I still aint found a swingarm bolt , collar , an nut ? I really need one more set of front an rear wheels to. They race in 2 weeks an I have 2 bare frames sitting in back of my tahoe now for 2 days need to gusseted an pc`ed :rolleyes: Pass on that info please Thanks

We took them into a machine shop and had them milled(the hub). Cost us 20.00 to have it done.

We need the swingArm bolt as well. Who all have you tried so far?

badvox
03-18-2006, 06:55 PM
Doesnt Pappy reinforce wheels for minis too?

QuadJunkies
03-18-2006, 07:40 PM
Im not sure! But if its on Burgards I would prefer to not run Burgards to save a little on weight. I love those wheels, but I dont run to run them on the minis

Ill have to ask him! :)

MadSea862
03-19-2006, 02:35 PM
We raced our Kasea's for two years with LT80 Spindles (because they were stronger) along with 1.5" wheel spacers and LT80 3 X 120 Douglas 125's on the Front with the ITP Holeshots and had no issues with them at all. It was a great little set up. The reinforcement rings wern't a option back then! :D

QuadJunkies
03-19-2006, 02:37 PM
Oh, we have had great luck with the set up as well, but they are now having some issues with Dings and dents after one race so its time to do a minor uprgade :)

MadSea862
03-19-2006, 02:42 PM
Yeah that was a handy little set up indeed! ;) But I guess they all grow out of that set up as they get older and bigger. Our riders still only 70lbs fully geared and soaking wet but his riding style has changed so we had to upgrade a bit. Still tweeking on it but it's coming along pretty well.

QuadJunkies
03-19-2006, 02:45 PM
This is a little off topic but...
does anyone know a good place to order the Maxxis MX Razr fronts?? I looked in RMATV catalog and they dont sell them in the 19 inch front :confused:
I would like to try a 2-sets and order next week .

QuadJunkies
03-19-2006, 02:48 PM
BTW MADSEA...... NICE PICS!! :blah:

http://www.webspawner.com/users/manimalx/imageGallery/bigairman.jpg

MadSea862
03-19-2006, 02:59 PM
Where was that photo laying around at? :D Whole new digs this year! :)

Hey try this place they may have 19's

http://www.americanmototire.com/index.html?lang=en-us&target=d688.html

QuadJunkies
03-19-2006, 03:22 PM
thanks, they did have them!! ;)