PDA

View Full Version : which gives more power hmf full curtis sparks

6858-400ex
03-16-2006, 12:23 AM
i have a hmf slip on wonderin if i should get hmf full or curtis sparks is sparks louder than hmf

03-16-2006, 07:13 AM
definatly full curtis sparks

400ex7
03-16-2006, 07:45 AM
Yeah the sparks is louder than HMF and Curtis Sparks= More Power.

03-16-2006, 08:09 AM
curtis sparks rules

440_Turtle
03-16-2006, 10:22 AM
what they said, but im a bit partial

04'400ex'er
03-16-2006, 11:14 AM
Both are great exhausts, but until someone does a dyno comparison then there is no real answer. Unless one of these people have had both. If it was me I would save my money and just send the hmf slipon back and have it converted to the full system. there will not be enough difference in the HMF or the Sparks to equal a bike length in a drag IMO.

CHEVYZ
03-16-2006, 03:03 PM
Actually in an old book I had, there was a dyno. The Sparks made much more power all around, but it was full exhaust compared to the HMF as being only a slip-on ( As I recall). The HMF pipe was pretty much what the FMF powercore 4 silencer made... that is really all I remeber off hand.

Being that I don't have a clue as to where the mag is, I can only give an opinion... that would be to go Sparks. I have full FMF exhaust and like it a lot... but I would definately choose Sparks over it if I had the chance or knew someone to trade... hell, I would do it for the sound!:devil:

cals400ex
03-16-2006, 10:11 PM
both are excellent. you will see nice gains over the slip with both systems. the hmf will provide better lugging power and low rpm power. the reverse megaphone is tough to beat in the drag racing world though. i would say for all around use get the hmf. for drag racing get the sparks.

prepracing
03-17-2006, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by cals400ex
both are excellent. you will see nice gains over the slip with both systems. the hmf will provide better lugging power and low rpm power. the reverse megaphone is tough to beat in the drag racing world though. i would say for all around use get the hmf. for drag racing get the sparks.

EXACTLY......HMF much better all around and for XC riders, Sparks produces more power at wideopen constant rpm's, thats why you see most of them in the MX, flattrack/TT and drag racing,duning but rarely see them in XC racing. But both are great pipes, just need to pick the one for your riding style

04'400ex'er
03-17-2006, 01:02 PM
I actually noticed most of the power on my hmf in the mid to upper rpm range.