PDA

View Full Version : Killswitches?

shano
03-15-2006, 09:44 PM
I was wondering if you need a killswitch to race a national race, ive never had one down here and I dont want to show up after a 10hour drive and get turned down because I dont have a killswitch... Thanks yall.

Quad18star
03-15-2006, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by shano
I was wondering if you need a killswitch to race a national race, ive never had one down here and I dont want to show up after a 10hour drive and get turned down because I dont have a killswitch... Thanks yall.

Ya you need one Shane . I'm surprised they even let you race around here without one . Usually that's the only thing they demand out of the racers up here . Go to Sudbury Cycle they have a bunch in stock for fairly cheap .

NacsMXer
03-15-2006, 10:04 PM
Yeah you would need it. You would need one at pretty much any organized race, not to mention other essentials like nerf bars, riding boots, etc.

400exBro
03-16-2006, 10:16 AM
They check for working kill switchs at all cmrc races in SW Ontario.
Surprised they haven't for you guys.

PismoLocal
03-16-2006, 10:24 AM
I picked up my kill switch from rocky mountain for like $13.

Quad18star
03-16-2006, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by 400exBro
They check for working kill switchs at all cmrc races in SW Ontario.
Surprised they haven't for you guys.

Come on Timo ... we're in the north us guys ..... we have a race schedule thats shared between 2 tracks... they're happy if guys even turn out to race . They'll let you run whatever you bring .

No tether? No nerfs? No boots? ... No Problem just race the Central Ontario Series !!! <------ Should be their new slogan !!! :blah:

400exBro
03-16-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Come on Timo ... we're in the north us guys ..... we have a race schedule thats shared between 2 tracks... they're happy if guys even turn out to race . They'll let you run whatever you bring .

No tether? No nerfs? No boots? ... No Problem just race the Central Ontario Series !!! <------ Should be their new slogan !!! :blah:

lol, thats good to hear

call up JH racing he sells pro design kill switchs for a good price.

shano
03-16-2006, 11:59 AM
Thanks guys, are these hard to install? Do any killswitches work for any quad? (the ones at sudbury cycle work on a dale?).

Thanks Greg, I'll go check it out soon enough..

Quad18star
03-16-2006, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by shano
Thanks guys, are these hard to install? Do any killswitches work for any quad? (the ones at sudbury cycle work on a dale?).

Thanks Greg, I'll go check it out soon enough..

As far as I know it'll work . It's a Pro Design tether . As far as how hard it is to install , your best bet is to find a Cannondale website and see how those guys did it .... I know when I installed the tether on my quad , it took about 5 minutes .... spliced into a few wires and grounded the other and I was ready to go .

I think I seen the price was like $50 or soemthing ... can't go wrong .