PDA

View Full Version : 450r Laeger swiger and ELKA link (BAD)

TRAXX
03-15-2006, 09:01 PM
I just got a Laeger +1.25 siwngarm for my 04 450r.Iam use ing a Elka rear shock with the Elka lower link.I went to install the new swingarm and the shock hits the swingarm.I tried puting the stock link on and it works,what is going on i used the same shock and the link with my stock swingarm and everything work great.

03-15-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by TRAXX
I just got a Laeger +1.25 siwngarm for my 04 450r.Iam use ing a Elka rear shock with the Elka lower link.I went to install the new swingarm and the shock hits the swingarm.I tried puting the stock link on and it works,what is going on i used the same shock and the link with my stock swingarm and everything work great.

some aftermarket swingarms you have to use a special linkage with for it to clear, im guessing the elka linkage doesnt offer the correct angle to work with that swingarm, you may want to check into the elka pro link, or call laeger and see whats going on, you might also call elka and see if they make anything for it to work

TRAXX
03-15-2006, 09:08 PM
Yea its like the swingarm has to much bracing on the back side of the pivot bolt and thats what it is hiting.

Pappy
03-15-2006, 09:10 PM
A call to Elka and Leager will be the first step.

It is entirely possible Leager has made a change to the swing arm (the extra gusseting you refered to) and Elka or Leager could be unaware of the issue. Atleast with these to companies you know you will have support for getting the situation resolved!

03-15-2006, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Atleast with these to companies you know you will have support for getting the situation resolved!

ha, good point, he is very lucky with that :macho

rowlrag
03-15-2006, 09:49 PM
Sometimes you can turn the spring to clear the linkage. I had todo that when I had a Houser swinger and Elka shock and link.