PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild Finally Coming along!!!!

aroracer72
03-15-2006, 08:36 PM
Well,
After a while of saving up and gathering funds my winter/spring trail beast is coming along. Because of funds i had to drop the falicon and settle with a stock cranl....but will get a falicon next winter. I just got the frame back from the powder coaters, guesseted, and PC'd black..along with teh swing arm in red. Soo far i have the frame fixed and ready, edelbrock carb, yosh exhaust..hotcams cam, houser arms, durabreak axle, elka fronts, fat bars, stainless steel bolt kit, OMF beadlocks, still waiting on razr mx rears, rev box, and i dropped off the cylinder at my engine guy to be bored over 2mm, making it 470cc. And im buying a new head and valves along with crank and cam chain from service honda tommorrow. And today is my birthday too!!!
Chad

aroracer72
03-15-2006, 08:37 PM

aroracer72
03-15-2006, 08:38 PM

aroracer72
03-15-2006, 08:38 PM

aroracer72
03-15-2006, 08:39 PM

Scro
Looks like it is going to be a badass machine. Happy Birthday!

eganracing
sounds like your going to have one hell of a trail quad.

aroracer72
03-15-2006, 08:40 PM

aroracer72
03-15-2006, 08:40 PM

aroracer72
03-15-2006, 08:41 PM

aroracer72
03-15-2006, 08:41 PM

aroracer72
03-15-2006, 08:44 PM
Yeap should allow me to have some fun on the trails and dunes :devil: Next winter its getting a falicon and fully modded head. But for now it will be slightly modified...but will be nice and fresh..the last pic shows the frame/swinger color the best....and i forgot to add im ordereing a clutch baskett and clutch soon also.
CHAD

eganracing
03-15-2006, 08:49 PM
y r u running 18 inch mx tires on your trail/dune machine? i think u would be better off with a bigger tire.

fasterz
03-15-2006, 09:05 PM
I see you got the bare gusset kit, i have the same one, it worked well except for the gusset that goes by your legs on the frame. It puts the stress up by the engine mounts so its getting huge strains there and wil crack the frame. My frame broke so fast after putting on the gusset kit. I used round bar and ran it up the upper frame rail and have had no problems since.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/fasterz/witharrow.jpg

aroracer72
03-16-2006, 04:16 AM
I run 18's because i ride no rutted or knarly trails. All the trails i ride are always groomed and semi sandy, but never any ruts or mud. That and sand dunes were i run paddles. But i was debating running 20's...might still do it..but dunno.
CHAD

armysig
03-16-2006, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by fasterz
I see you got the bare gusset kit, i have the same one, it worked well except for the gusset that goes by your legs on the frame. It puts the stress up by the engine mounts so its getting huge strains there and wil crack the frame. My frame broke so fast after putting on the gusset kit. I used round bar and ran it up the upper frame rail and have had no problems since.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/fasterz/witharrow.jpg

Have you talked to Matt and Ty (BARE Perforomance) about this problem? There might be something they can do for you. If this is something that happened because of his design to his gusset kit, he might be able to do something about it. I.E. fix his gusset kit to reflect the fix to the problem.

fasterz
03-16-2006, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by armysig
Have you talked to Matt and Ty (BARE Perforomance) about this problem? There might be something they can do for you. If this is something that happened because of his design to his gusset kit, he might be able to do something about it. I.E. fix his gusset kit to reflect the fix to the problem.

yea well im not about to start a big bare flame fest but ill just say what happened. I contacted them and they said they would look into the issue, but they would hook me up with some good prices on parts. I told him i wanted a stg2 hot cam and a few other things and to get back to me with prices. I waited a week with no response so i emailed him back guessing he just missed my email or somthing. He sent me back prices for an intake and exhaust cam.... well if you know what a 450r is... there is one cam. ITS UNI CAM..duhhh, so i sent an email asking for the correct price since there is deffinatly not 2 cams in the R. I never got an email back even after trying to contact him more. Hey they offer nice prices on gusset kits and look to do nice pc work, but i wont go with them again. Kinda of annoying when the company doesnt know any thing about the bike you have and it takes mutilple emails and weeks to get an answer, and i still never got a price and this was last year....

aroracer72
03-16-2006, 05:40 PM
And BTW this frame only has a Bare guesset kit on it, it wasnt welded OR PC'd by them. The credit goes to a local small shop that did a fantastic job.
Chad

jeepnrocks
03-16-2006, 05:41 PM
the black frame red swinger looks killer!