PDA

View Full Version : hang tough matt smiley

exracer416
03-15-2006, 08:24 PM
Just letting you know I'm still behind ya, as one of your biggest fans. I'm sure youll get that outlaw figured outk, and get back in this. Keep it alive for us PA boys. :)

Pappy
03-15-2006, 08:27 PM
that man catches no breaks.

id love to see him ditch the polaris and get back ona quad he can haul *** on....no offense to polaris, i just cant stand seeing him with problems on a new machine.

MAaudioX10
03-15-2006, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
that man catches no breaks.

id love to see him ditch the polaris and get back ona quad he can haul *** on....no offense to polaris, i just cant stand seeing him with problems on a new machine.

Can't really blame Polaris for an aftermarket shock blowing out.

coryatver
03-15-2006, 10:28 PM
I hate seeing him struggle too. He can run with the top guys no problem. Since the 250r days he has had problems. The guy looked like a gorrila on the yfz450 couldn't have been comfortable for him. His knees were up past the handle bars on that thing. THen he finally gets the pred set up good and they stick him on an outlaw. I do know once he gets it worked out he will be up with the top dogs.

MentalState
03-16-2006, 02:37 PM
Give it time guys....He will be on podium....He is on the right machine....

TYLER329
03-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Does anybody really know what is going on? I just wish that they would report on him more. I know that I am a huge fan of his and its not like the outlaw is not winning. I think Gallager Sr. has won two in a row now. Not saying that the outlaw is the best machine in the world, but it just has some benefits that arent found anywhere else. I know that it also has drawbacks but i think that they are outweighed by the positives.

wolffie
03-16-2006, 04:49 PM
who sponsors smiley in the suspension dept.?? he didnt seem to have any problems with shocks last year when he was on the pred! hopefully his mechanics and him and get the outlaw straightend away soon!

AtvMxRider
03-16-2006, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by MAaudioX10
Can't really blame Polaris for an aftermarket shock blowing out.

He didn't do chit last year either

exracer416
03-16-2006, 07:20 PM
this year hes riding elka last year he was on axis he did very well last year a few small things kept him out of the running for a better overall number

MAaudioX10
03-16-2006, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider

He put himself on the podium and finished strong in a lot of races. I'd say that has something to say considering last year was Polaris's first year in professional GNCC.

coryatver
03-16-2006, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider

:huh
He did pretty good

wolffie
03-16-2006, 08:54 PM
yeah i thought smiley finished 5th or 6th overall??

bradley300
03-17-2006, 06:22 AM
he finished 5 th overall on a new quad, new team, and polaris first try. he is on elka this year, that his team manager jay goebel (has been team manager, but now also works for elka) sets up

wolffie
03-18-2006, 07:23 PM
what channel do you guys watch the races on? i get Direct TV, but i never see GNCC racing on:ermm: just Loretta Lynn in the summer.

450r51
03-18-2006, 08:23 PM
put smiley on a 450r or yfz and he will be alot better then on his polaris.

wolffie
03-18-2006, 08:36 PM
wood racing is pretty much the racer! if polaris offers him the big bucks to ride their machine, take what you can:D a good driver can handle any machine.

MAaudioX10
03-18-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by 450r51
put smiley on a 450r or yfz and he will be alot better then on his polaris.

The season before last he was on a YFZ. Finished 4th......

This year he finished 5th, with Polaris's first time at it.

Don't know about you but, 4th isn't "a lot" better.:rolleyes:

Big Chuck
03-20-2006, 10:13 PM
Speaking from experience -LET'S SEE YOU TRY IT!

TYLER329
03-21-2006, 06:21 PM
Guys don't get all over the poor 450 dude. He is trying to make a statement about something he doesn't know anything about. He doesn't understand the benefits of an IRS because he can only race about 10 minutes at a time with a 2 hour break in between. Hey dumbass, it's a Polaris thread! If you wanna go hang out with your little japanese buddies then go to another forum. All you friggin 450 guys are the same, MAGAZINE RACERS!!! Bill Ballance himself would probably tell you himself that he could win on any quad, including a Polaris.

450r51
03-22-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by TYLER329
Guys don't get all over the poor 450 dude. He is trying to make a statement about something he doesn't know anything about. He doesn't understand the benefits of an IRS because he can only race about 10 minutes at a time with a 2 hour break in between. Hey dumbass, it's a Polaris thread! If you wanna go hang out with your little japanese buddies then go to another forum. All you friggin 450 guys are the same, MAGAZINE RACERS!!! Bill Ballance himself would probably tell you himself that he could win on any quad, including a Polaris.

this is true balance would prolly win on any quad. as for u saying i am a magazine racer you are very wrong! and if irs is so better how come smiley is having a terrible year? this would be his 4th race on the outlaw, and hes had all winter to test and train. seems to me he needs to be on something less heavier and with a better engine!

calds650
03-22-2006, 09:04 PM
450r51 what 4 races there has only been 2. In the first one he blew a rear shock. The second one on the first lap he was in 6th then something happen and he fell back to 18th.

450r51
03-23-2006, 12:56 PM
he raced the last two races of the 2005 season on the outlaw i beleive, i know he raced the last race.

Predator38
03-23-2006, 02:04 PM
nope..he raced the pred all season....did'nt get on the outlaw till this yr.....

Flynbryan19
03-23-2006, 02:18 PM
Opps.......Looks like someone doesn't know what they're talking about. :D

450r51
03-24-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
Opps.......Looks like someone doesn't know what they're talking about. :D

yup i was wrong, i just went and checked to see if it was true and it was. regardless he should be back on a 450 or at least his pred. cuz so far this season he has done jack.

GE4x4
03-24-2006, 04:14 PM
yup i was wrong, i just went and checked to see if it was true and it was. regardless he should be back on a 450 or at least his pred. cuz so far this season he has done jack.

So going by your logic, Smiley should be on something better since he hasn't done good in 2 races on the Outlaw. Well then what should Jerimiah Jones or any of the other LTR450 racers be on. There not doing very good on a quad that is suppose to be the best thing since slice bread.

scramblerracer
03-24-2006, 04:21 PM

I just heard that Borich is switching to Yamaha because he didn't get the win at Georgia. If he doesn't win this weekend on the Yamaha he is going to race a suzuki. If he doesn't win on the suzuki he will switch to a Polaris. If that doesn't win he will race a subaru station wagon. If he doesn't win with that by the time the Ironman comes around he will race a modified Monster truck.

The fast guys could win on any brand. Look at Billy Good on a old 250x. He will be on the morning podium soon. Doesn't matter what brand
Fast rider+no problems=podium

450r51
03-24-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by GE4x4
So going by your logic, Smiley should be on something better since he hasn't done good in 2 races on the Outlaw. Well then what should Jerimiah Jones or any of the other LTR450 racers be on. There not doing very good on a quad that is suppose to be the best thing since slice bread.

well the only other two on the ltr are gust and dunks, and well gust is 3rd in points and dunks is in 8th i beleive. jones is having a freak season, everyone and there mother knows he can win every race he enters. the ltr is nothing special, just a copy of what honda and yamaha were perfecting. i beleive smiley should not have switched to the outlaw, being as how he had a full year of testing and racing on his predator. this should have made his predator exactly how he wanted. now this year he switches to a brand new machine that he has raced little on. the kinks have not been worked out and he more then likely hasnt perfected his setup yet. i beleive he should have stuck with his predator!

look at joe byrd he could have bought an 06 450r but im almost positive he stayed with the quad he had last year, which was on 05. he had a set up that was working amazingly and he stuck with it. look where that got him 2nd in points and he has won 2 out of the 4 gnc's so far!

MAaudioX10
03-24-2006, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by scramblerracer
I just heard that Borich is switching to Yamaha because he didn't get the win at Georgia. If he doesn't win this weekend on the Yamaha he is going to race a suzuki. If he doesn't win on the suzuki he will switch to a Polaris. If that doesn't win he will race a subaru station wagon. If he doesn't win with that by the time the Ironman comes around he will race a modified Monster truck.

The fast guys could win on any brand. Look at Billy Good on a old 250x. He will be on the morning podium soon. Doesn't matter what brand
Fast rider+no problems=podium

LMFAO....now THAT is funny!

waloud
03-24-2006, 10:51 PM
What is the official site of the GNCC?

joe53
03-25-2006, 08:48 PM
Smiley was on Predator today; still didn't do well. Rothermel and Gallagher won their classes on the Outlaw.

Predator38
03-26-2006, 07:31 AM
he was in the top 10 going into the last lap then I don't know what happened......

TYLER329
03-26-2006, 09:56 PM
I sure wish we could know what is going on. Polaris doesn't say a word unless they podium. I wonder why he was on the predator today.

sunshine
03-30-2006, 09:00 AM
Smiley was on a Predator because he hasn't got his Outlaw set up correctly yet. Gallagher and Rothermel doesn't have near the competition that Smiley and I have. All of us haven't had our Outlaws very long. You can't be in a highly competitive class and be on a new quad and go out there and win, win , win.
Give Smiley a break-if he wants to ride a Predator, well still need to sell them too.

sunshine
03-30-2006, 09:01 AM
Oh and Smiley had an electrical issue and the atv wouldn't run.

Predator38
03-30-2006, 01:46 PM
Sunshine..did your chain break..I thought I read that some where....good luck the rest of the season.....Thanx

Predator38
03-30-2006, 01:55 PM
never mind....should have read the other posts.....lol

EvilEwok
04-05-2006, 05:31 PM
I hope you and smiley both kick *** at big buck Ms. Parton :p. Polaris deserves it and so do both of you for such a tough season.

Octane
04-05-2006, 07:21 PM
In GNCC the heavier weight of a Polaris really isnt as much of a handicap as some might think.
The IRS, high ground clearance and reverse on the Outlaw is a major advantage, IMO.
Polaris will get the Outlaw figured out and they will be competitive with it. I dont think you will see them winning any major championships any time soon, but they make a respectable showing.

preddymoto
04-06-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Octane
In GNCC the heavier weight of a Polaris really isnt as much of a handicap as some might think.
The IRS, high ground clearance and reverse on the Outlaw is a major advantage, IMO.
Polaris will get the Outlaw figured out and they will be competitive with it. I dont think you will see them winning any major championships any time soon, but they make a respectable showing.
hey octane your from edgerton? where you ride at? i'm from delavan

Octane
04-06-2006, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by preddymoto
hey octane your from edgerton? where you ride at? i'm from delavan
I ride all over to be honest. We have a MX track at a gravel pit on Fort Atkinson, sometimes I ride at my friend's MX track in Whitewater, sometimes I ride the Cheese County Trail and sometimes I ride up in Minocqua and Hurley.
I race at both Monkey Butt ATV races in Milton as well.
Basically Im up to ride anywhere, anytime.
You could probably come out and ride with my friends and I sometime if you wanted. We are kinda crazy though and our smallest jump at our track is a 40' double. We are always up for riding with new people though, as long as they are cool.

Fred55
04-06-2006, 06:38 PM
Im from Lancaster, pm if you guys wanna wanna ride....we have a nice track here...skinniest part of it is about 9 ft wide, its a professionally built track.

preddymoto
04-07-2006, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Octane
I ride all over to be honest. We have a MX track at a gravel pit on Fort Atkinson, sometimes I ride at my friend's MX track in Whitewater, sometimes I ride the Cheese County Trail and sometimes I ride up in Minocqua and Hurley.
I race at both Monkey Butt ATV races in Milton as well.
Basically Im up to ride anywhere, anytime.
You could probably come out and ride with my friends and I sometime if you wanted. We are kinda crazy though and our smallest jump at our track is a 40' double. We are always up for riding with new people though, as long as they are cool.

the cheese trail is kinda gay but can't beat the trails up north. gotta go early friday's so you can rip. too busy sat and sun.

Octane
04-07-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by preddymoto
the cheese trail is kinda gay but can't beat the trails up north. gotta go early friday's so you can rip. too busy sat and sun.
Yeah, that 25 mph speed limit kinda sucks, but its a nice trail nonetheless.
Honestly, I get bored trail riding. If I cant clear an 80' triple or at least a 40' double, I get kinda bored.
What can I say, Im a racer...:D