PDA

View Full Version : First fight coming up,any tips? (boxing)

fasterblaster09
03-15-2006, 08:19 PM
Well like it says, I have my first match coming up in a couple weeks. Just wondering some thing I should do differently until then? Somethin more healthier? ANY help would be great!

P.S. I really have a problem with my breathe, I get out of breathe fast,need help lol. BTW, I run 3 miles every mon.,tues.,wedn.thurs..

honduh440
03-15-2006, 08:42 PM
trying sprinting for a short time so you get breathing hard then stop and sit down. keep doing that to train ur heart rate to slow down faster. so after each round ur heart rate will drop fast between rounds

JOEX
03-15-2006, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by fasterblaster09
Well like it says, I have my first match coming up in a couple weeks. Just wondering some thing I should do differently until then? Somethin more healthier? ANY help would be great!

P.S. I really have a problem with my breathe, I get out of breathe fast,need help lol. BTW, I run 3 miles every mon.,tues.,wedn.thurs..
What does your coach say?

prepracing
03-15-2006, 10:43 PM
wear one of those nose strips that helps you breathe, stay hydrated and remember to duck :devil:

ballz2thewall
03-16-2006, 08:51 AM
I boxed for a couple years when I was younger and my coach had me watch Rocky before every match for some odd reason I think it kinda helped! It sikes you out, but don't get over to confidant!

bansheeguy77
03-16-2006, 09:52 AM
go punch some raw meat....listen to eye of the tiger....drink raw eggs....run around a city and up mass quantities of steps.

in the end just watch the rocky series....just for motovation lol....thats what i always do....

step up your training program...put on your A game...about a week lower it to about 50-75% so you are fully recovered for your fight....and go in there confident....a scared fighter will be a losing fighter...

nosliw
03-16-2006, 10:37 AM
pop a couple alkaseltzer's before the fight. noone wants to face a guy who is foaming at the mouth.

03-16-2006, 11:00 AM
Dont try to do the 1st swing know out, sit back and pick your shots,try to get him winded then give her all out.

Giz400ex
03-16-2006, 12:25 PM
Well for starters, breathing could be a problem:confused: I'd pray:)

FMF450R
03-16-2006, 01:05 PM
Hands up, chin down.
throw/land more punches than him.

& prey you don't gas 1st!

:macho

fasterblaster09
03-16-2006, 03:05 PM
Thanks..We just luned up the fight yesterday,so all he said so far was instead of 3 miles,im goin to have to run 5,train alot harder. Im about to leave for practice so ill see what he says.

00400exrider
03-16-2006, 03:59 PM
go punch some raw meat....listen to eye of the tiger....drink raw eggs....run around a city and up mass quantities of steps.

redrider311
03-16-2006, 04:42 PM
hey man ive been boxing for 3 almost 4 years now.. i just do it for training for football.. but my 1st match was by far the worst.. you just kinda go into it like a kindergartener goes to school the first day.. after your first fight youll know what to do and how to prepare your self.. it will take 5 or 6 or even 10 fights until you get to the point where you can completlely prepare yourself.. just go in there and give it hell.. the hardest part about boxing for anyone is just waiting.. wait for your time.. play with him.. but save your energy.. trust me if you ever go 15 rounds youll wish you would have saved some.. but at the same time you cant be afraid to open it all up when you have the oportunity.. so its kinda complicated you have to save your energy but you cant puss around until the last round because you might not make it there.. you gotta just get used to it.. i wish there was an easier way to sum up so many years of boxng :p good luck man! giver hell.. just dont take any S*** from him