PDA

View Full Version : atv A.D.D.

450robot
03-15-2006, 06:21 PM
hahaha, does anyone else have my problem? im close to finishing my 450r, and for some reason, i am completely sick of it! i dont even like to look at the pictures of it anymore, because the style and setup i was going for when i started, is way in the past, and now i want something different

for some reason i look not as a failure of a rebuild, but as a misshap

now my interest has shifted full turn towards vforces, and i cant help but thinking that i cant wait to finish my r, sell it, and start a new build up of a vforce

anyone else suffer from the same problem?

am i selfish?

or just mad-crazy about building quads, and cant help but get enough of different layouts and setups?

prepracing
03-15-2006, 06:40 PM
from your pics I have seen your gonna have a sweet 450r........why you would want a V-force I'll never know :confused: but whatever floats your boat :ermm:

exrider008
03-15-2006, 06:44 PM
ive never had that prob. post some pics

2004exrider
03-15-2006, 06:47 PM
i thought i was the only person like that:o . I always have more fun building something and then when its done i have no interest in it anymore (most of the time). I did that with a mountain bike i have and had and then some other things. Most of the time its only temporary.

Jimmy

450robot
03-15-2006, 06:51 PM
i blame the fully sponsered pros for putting out false images of how nice a quad really should look hehe

im not saying mine is incredibly nice, im just saying my interest in it has shifted

here is a pic of it with some awsome photoshopped gas tank, shock covers and exhaust heat shield haha

TheFontMaster
03-15-2006, 07:09 PM
Yea I know how you feel. I start building it, then I think of something that would have looked better on it, or a color that would have been better. I still have a list in my mind of a bunch of quads I want to build.

Hondadudeehhhh
03-15-2006, 08:03 PM
that happened with me. I "finished" my 400ex, then i wanted a banshee for the dunes, then i wanted a 250r. Now i want what ever i can afford :chinese:

400ex28
03-15-2006, 08:04 PM
:eek2:

Quad18star
03-15-2006, 08:24 PM
I was/am the same way . After I got hurt I started spending money on my YFZ ( why??.... I don't know) . I bought everything brand new ... put it all on the quad ... then in November I took everything off and sold it all ,None of it had any ride time . I took a major loss on all the parts from what I paid even though everything was brand new .

Some days I feel like I want to keep the quad and set it up for XC riding ... then somedays I just don't care and I'm willing to take a major loss just to sell it and have it out of my hair . Main reason I think it's like that is because I see it sitting there , nearly brand new and not being used .

Next time I buy a sport quad , I'm not buying brand new ... I'm gunna buy something pre-built. I enjoy building it up , but it's WAY cheaper to buy built . LOL .

optikid123
03-15-2006, 08:40 PM
sometimes i just wish i could beat my bike more in the woods but i have it set up totally for mx and i would probably kill it in the trails. guess thats why we have a rincon

Quad18star
03-15-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by optikid123
sometimes i just wish i could beat my bike more in the woods but i have it set up totally for mx and i would probably kill it in the trails. guess thats why we have a rincon

See I have a similar problem , except I wish I could take a hammer to mine and not make it look so new .... then I'd be happy and it wouldn't bug me so much to see it just sitting there . Now everytime I look at it , I think to myself " $10 000 for less than 20 hrs of riding .... wow what a waste of money!!! "

duke416ex
03-16-2006, 07:20 AM
I like the orange plastic on that 450r, I wanted it for mine, but didn't want to shell out the cash. I think it's just a phase cause somedays I think about getting out of it, even at times on teh way to the races, but then it leaves me quickly.

xsr_racing28c
03-16-2006, 11:25 AM
your quad looks pretty sweet!! I know what your going through, i've built alot of stuff up (quad,sleds, bikes) and have never been fully satisfied. I'm currently building a full out TT 450r with all the goodies and a custom look, and hope to be happy with it when its completed, but who knows...

As for buying a v-force and building it up... I personally wouldn't, but thats your decision, so whatever makes the cake... My buddy has one and to me its pretty much worthless, but as the saying goes..."different stokes for different folks"

theTman
03-16-2006, 03:17 PM
i made my 400 look like this...then i hated it...friggin creamsicle

Ruby Soho
03-16-2006, 03:40 PM
its better than nothing :o

theTman
03-16-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
its better than nothing :o :o thats all i have left

Ruby Soho
03-16-2006, 04:37 PM
that sucks :D

what happend?

theTman
03-16-2006, 04:45 PM
that sucks :D

what happend?

ebay happened...haha

but 450 here i come:devil:

Ruby Soho
03-16-2006, 04:52 PM
really? that sounds awsome

450r?

theTman
03-16-2006, 05:04 PM
really? that sounds awsome

450r?

i hope so haha...still tryin to find a dang job:grr:

killen them all
03-16-2006, 05:14 PM
i have it 4 sure all i have to do is have it painted and buy a oil tank and all the floudeds and im done but me getting a 93 rx-7 or a 904 300zx tt makes me think im never going to finishe it

Mud Roost
03-16-2006, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by 450robot
hahaha, does anyone else have my problem? im close to finishing my 450r, and for some reason, i am completely sick of it! i dont even like to look at the pictures of it anymore, because the style and setup i was going for when i started, is way in the past, and now i want something different

for some reason i look not as a failure of a rebuild, but as a misshap

now my interest has shifted full turn towards vforces, and i cant help but thinking that i cant wait to finish my r, sell it, and start a new build up of a vforce

anyone else suffer from the same problem?

am i selfish?

or just mad-crazy about building quads, and cant help but get enough of different layouts and setups?

i can see that if your standing infront of the bike for lord knows how many hours with the engine off looking at the guts of it !!

Mud Roost
03-16-2006, 07:04 PM
hey quad18star, do you have msn?

Quad18star
03-17-2006, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by Mud Roost
hey quad18star, do you have msn?

Yup .... GregLarocque644@hotmail.com :devil: