PDA

View Full Version : polish

honda250xrider
07-24-2002, 09:31 AM
i was wondering what kinda polish every one uses and how long does it take i want to polish my side cases any help would help me out alot thanks

kicken250x
07-28-2002, 05:53 PM
you know the circle in the center of the cases?? i did that yesterday and it took about an hour from start to finish. so the whole case will take about 3 depending on how scrached up the case is and what RPM the thing you are using to polish with spins at im using a bench gringer that spins at i think 34500 RPM give or take. im not sure what type of polish it is to tell you the truth the only thing i can tell you is get ready to turn black cuz the rouge will do it QUICK.

Nausty
07-29-2002, 12:31 AM
I use mothers to polish. Side cases would take a VERY long time if you did it by hand and the paint is really hard to get off. If you want a idea try the starter cover or the oil filter cover first.

kicken250x
07-29-2002, 04:26 PM
i just took a grinder to it and it came right off but it still took me a while. personaly i wouldnt do the whole side case because if you look right under the oil filter cover there are these 2 like little metal things that stick striat up and it will be VERRY hard to get between them. im not saying not to do it because it will look kool as crap if you get it to mirror!! but anyway good luck!!!

honda250xrider
07-29-2002, 04:55 PM
thanks guys for the reply's ive been wanting to do this for a very long time just never got the time and well im thinking this winter sometime i can do it when i send the motor away to get it bored well thanks guys

stocktires
08-04-2002, 01:20 AM
Ask Chris Waters about polishing, he dide both my side cases on my R. I cant give ya pics if you'd like?
He does nice work, but it'll cost ya

RytM1
08-04-2002, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Nausty
....and the paint is really hard to get off.

Go to your local auto parts store, and get a can of "aircraft stripper". I know they sell it at an Auto Zone in my area, don't know what other stores may carry it. You may be able to find it at an auto paint supply store also.

Nausty
08-05-2002, 01:38 AM
yah thats what I used and it takes the paint off the throttle cover like nothing:D but it still doesn't want to take the paint off the motor or at least it didn't want to with the starter cover and oil filter cover.