PDA

View Full Version : funny 450r noise

cgkurt
03-15-2006, 05:23 PM
I just got my trx 450 today. I live in upstate new york and it's cold here. I noticed when I give the machine alittle gas in 2nd and 3rd gear it kinda makes a clacking nosie ? Has anyone heard of this? Also when I'm stating or just idleing the red temp light will come on? PLEASE HELP!!

E.POWERSPORTS
03-15-2006, 05:36 PM
What bike did you have previously?

Did you read your owners manual?

eganracing
03-15-2006, 06:00 PM
the chain kinda clanks around on the guides so that might be what your hearing.

cgkurt
03-15-2006, 07:05 PM
Thanks guys , I did read my owners manual and it explains the temp light. I should have read that 1st anyhow. I guess I was to excited. I hope it's just the chain and nothing else. Thanks fella's !! What a great quad huh?!

GIXXER1KR
03-15-2006, 08:59 PM
The 450 is very clunky!!!!Get a pipe its normal!!!!

03-15-2006, 09:42 PM
this is a loud engine. I was told a lot has to do with chain and the lightweight metals they used to make the engine with

Jonas
03-15-2006, 10:29 PM
How was your chain freeplay as described in the manual? Was it loose? I don't think that's the case but you were talking about the chain and that takes two seconds to check. Have you heard or ridden another '06? As the others have stated, the '06 makes more engine noise than most other Honda's you have heard probably. Also, the exhaust is very quiet stock and you tend to hear the motor easier. The crf dirt bikes have sounded a little clunky from the start and now this motor is getting closer to it in performance. If is runs good then just get on and go!!

cgkurt
03-16-2006, 08:19 AM
Thanks for all the replys. I rode it again this morning and it runs great. I think it's just me hearing everything on a new quad. There definitly isn't a performace problem. I havn't really hammered yet as it is still new. I do know one thing for sure. The front end has no problem getting off the ground with a little punch of the throttle. Even in 2nd and 3rd gear. Just wish it was a little warmer outside. Have fun guys.

lumi
03-16-2006, 11:53 AM
hye another new yorker thank god lma0o. i just got mine 06 450r about a week ago. think is loud but once u break it in and change to some synthetic and warms up it runs smoother<.. i have a house in mountadale... are you close to me. o yea once u get the red light come on shut ur bike off fast u dont want to sieze it. if anything try some higher octane fuel cuz the owner manual states that a lower grade fuel can cause more than wanted clanking noise in the engine so. tkae care

-lumi

03-16-2006, 12:34 PM
when u start engine red light comes on for about 3 seconds. it does this so you know it still works ;)

xsr_racing28c
03-16-2006, 12:41 PM
When it starts clunking like that, just take it as a reminder to down shift.. if you keep the rrrrr's up, you should here nothing just thumpin'.......

cgkurt
03-16-2006, 09:48 PM
Lumi I'm in the Syracuse area. Do you know where that it. This quad is real bad ***. I can't belive how much power it has. I thought the Banshee was quick.

lumi
03-16-2006, 09:57 PM
lmao0 i havent tocuhed my banshee or even looked at it since i got this bike... i know where that is not too far from me maybe a hour 2 the most we got to get together to ride one day for sure..