PDA

View Full Version : PRM Sidebars

jdboy
03-15-2006, 03:04 PM
Does anyone here have a set of the new PRM Sidebars? I was looking into a set for my 400EX and was wanting opinions. For anyone that hasn't seen the product, they look like a set of nerf bars with sheet metal in place of the netting with a little kick up in the front. The sheet metal has drain holes and my quad is used for trail riding only.

rancher350rider
03-15-2006, 03:17 PM
i was looking at them about a month ago
they r nice but sum ppl said it was hard to shift with them

400exstud
03-15-2006, 07:33 PM
Is there any reason that you wouldn't get nerf bars instead. IMO sidebars are for utilities.

jdboy
03-16-2006, 03:31 AM
Because I use my 400 as a utility. Woods and trail riding are the norm for me. You wouldn't have the hassle of sticks and thing coming up through the netting. Also with the kick up in the front it would keep a little mud from the front tires off the rider. Other than that it's a good price with heel guards and extended foot pegs standard.

jdboy
03-17-2006, 05:04 PM
Just thought I'd give a little update or review. I got a pair and have installed them (will get pic's in a day or so). I'm not really sure what the problem was right out of the box but none of the holes seemed to line up. I'm not sure if it was from the trip across the US via UPS or what. Also there were no instructions at all. It’s not that you really need any but some people may have. I started off with the center bolts at the pegs loose and worked the others in place. After they were on I really liked the fit. With one ride I had to move my shifter up one spline but after that it was fine. Also the extra wide pegs are really nice and have really good bite. The kick up in the front goes up pretty far so it should really help with the mud off the front tires. Hope this helps anyone looking into this purchase.

400eXr1d3rZ
03-17-2006, 10:34 PM
http://prm-atv.com/MN.asp?pg=products&specific=1182&from=47&mfr=2