PDA

View Full Version : jetting help!!!!

10-03-2001, 12:52 PM
I just installed a dmc full system on my 400 and I had a honda service center jet it. it has great low to mid power but seems like it is lacking on top I was wondering what main jet i might need to run

10-03-2001, 01:15 PM
Kinda depends, need more info like; what filter you have, your air box lid on/off/modified, altittude usually ride at, and any other mods you got. Did they tell you what they installed? Like pilot, needle position, & main? Not rying to make it more complicated than it is, but jetting really is a case by case thing, there are no known standards when it comes to modded bikes. How's that DMC run & sound? Wanted to get one when I got my P.C. T-4 but there wasn't much info on them then.

Also, back to your question, have you done a search in this forum on jetting? There are some many posts on it, maybe somebody has the same or close mods as you.

10-03-2001, 02:35 PM
guess it was in my head, because run it against my friends bike and it pulled the same amount on top end. I may switch to a 148 main and se if I can get more out of it. But the low and mid range power is great, 1st gear will nearly flip the bike over backwards by just taping the throttle. 2nd through 4th pulls extremly hard can be going down the road in 3rd and punch the throttle and bring it into a wheelie. sound is great it isn't to loud and it has a deep pluse sound. All in all I am happy with the system and would recommend it to anyone although it is a bit pricey.