PDA

View Full Version : z400 hmf jetting

MoToX199
03-15-2006, 01:01 PM
i just ordered a hmf slip on for my 400 and i cant wait to get it on! but my question is i need to get jets for it but idk which ones to get,i allready have a K&N with the air box lid on,so what jets do you recommend? and do i have to adjust the needle? thnx for any help!

p.s. i called like 5 different places and they all told me differnt jets to run so thats why i am confused and postin this up here,i also put this in the powertrian fourm but i figured i would put it here also

Z-Rider86
03-15-2006, 01:28 PM
I have the same problem. I'm just going to spend the money and get the HMF jets. My K&N jets will prolly work, but what's a few extra bucks when you're already spending what you are one the exhaust. Plus they have different sets for different powerbands that you want.

z400roosteR
03-15-2006, 01:49 PM
I run HMF slip-on w/ a K&n and dynojets, 165main

If you have any questions about jetting Call HMF they have incredible customer service......#1.

MoToX199
03-15-2006, 02:25 PM
thnx for the help,z-rider did you just change the main? you didnt need to change the pilot or the needle setting?

davidds
03-15-2006, 02:34 PM
I run a ex with an hmf but my friend runs a z with a k&n and a hmf and he just got a dyno kit and just fallowed the instructions for the needle and jet settings. You dont have to change the pilot just the main and the needle is easy enough to do. The dyno kit gives you a different needle anyway.

indyZrider
03-17-2006, 08:40 PM
it depends on altitude also-- i would get one the adjustable mix screws also so you can adjust easily instead of a tiny ***** screwdriver and halfway guess how many turns you have.

i have the 146 DJ main in mine with a 25 pilot 3 1/4 turns out on the screw but every one of these things is different so get your hands dirty