PDA

View Full Version : chain problems

zack57
03-14-2006, 08:23 PM
i had a DID chain on my 400ex but it streched out all the time now i got a renthal chain and it does the same thing can someone tell me what the deal is?

lghickman21
03-14-2006, 08:41 PM
Did you change you sprockets when you put on the new chain? The sprocket teeth will bend with the chain as it stretches so when you put a new chain on it, it will start stretching just like the old one just faster this time.

johnsls
03-14-2006, 08:58 PM
I have a ??

I need a new chain and was looking for an O-ring chain. Which brand? and whats the length,, somewhere I thought I read it was 88 links..

And another, my sprocket looks fine so do I really need to chain it too?

04'400ex'er
03-14-2006, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by johnsls
I have a ??

I need a new chain and was looking for an O-ring chain. Which brand? and whats the length,, somewhere I thought I read it was 88 links..

And another, my sprocket looks fine so do I really need to chain it too? If your sprockets are pointed at the top then yes. If they are more of a square shape to an extent, then no. I reccomend a DID X Ring ATV chain.

prepracing
03-15-2006, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by zack57
i had a DID chain on my 400ex but it streched out all the time now i got a renthal chain and it does the same thing can someone tell me what the deal is?

are u sure the chain is stretching or could your carrier just be turning ( u may not have it tight enough ). Or if chain is stretching are these O-ring chains or just standard chains ( standard chains do stretch pretty quick ).