PDA

View Full Version : Computer speaker help

TheFontMaster
03-14-2006, 07:00 PM
My speakers the last couple days have just been really quite. I have the volume on them turned all the way up, but yet there is barley any sound comming out of them. Does anyone know what might be wrong with them?

ballisticpb
03-15-2006, 10:00 AM
there could be a few things.. first thing to look at is that the system volume is turned all the way up. after that make sure that the speakers are fully pluged into the back. then last but not least you could just have a bad amp in the speakers..

TheFontMaster
03-15-2006, 10:06 AM
OK thanks, I get them working. The dell music thing that I have on my computer had the volume set all the way down, and somehow that comtroled the volume for the whole computer, even when I'm not listening to music.

ballisticpb
03-15-2006, 10:18 AM
glad you got them working... dell uses that software for all there audio properties music or not.. it is common with all name branded computers..

TheFontMaster
03-15-2006, 11:41 AM
I really don't get the point of them doing it like that. I can see where it could cause problems for some people, but o well it's fixed I'm happy lol.

SGA
03-15-2006, 02:07 PM
They put the volume control on the computer because some computer speakers do not have a volume control.

TRX_450
03-15-2006, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
OK thanks, I get them working. The dell music thing that I have on my computer had the volume set all the way down, and somehow that comtroled the volume for the whole computer, even when I'm not listening to music.

yea i was jus gonna say some programs do that....real player will also do that ;)