PDA

View Full Version : MAgura Hydraulic clutch question

Big - D Racing
03-14-2006, 06:12 PM
Does anyone run the Magura hydraulic clutch with a FST type secondary oil cooler kit? I have the oil cooler and want to get the clutch but am concerned if the hydraulic pump part can fit next to the oil line? Is there any fitment issues with this or does it work?

JOEX
03-14-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Big - D Racing
Does anyone run the Magura hydraulic clutch with a FST type secondary oil cooler kit? I have the oil cooler and want to get the clutch but am concerned if the hydraulic pump part can fit next to the oil line? Is there any fitment issues with this or does it work?
I thought the FST oil line went to the head?

I don't have the FST cooler but this pic may help some.......

Big - D Racing
03-14-2006, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the pic, it looks like there is enough room. It taps into the clutch sidecase right above the oil filter (right behind what would be the hydraulic pump for the clutch) then is pumped into the secondary cooler, then is tapped into the valve cover where it deposits the colder oil on the rockers and cam. So yes you are right it goes to the head but starts by tapping into the case. What I am trying to figure out is is there enough room for the hydraulic pump without having to remove the secondary oil tap, and from your picture it looks like it. Is the piece that holds the pump in place stock or is it made be magura?

JOEX
03-14-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Big - D Racing
Thanks for the pic, it looks like there is enough room. It taps into the clutch sidecase right above the oil filter (right behind what would be the hydraulic pump for the clutch) then is pumped into the secondary cooler, then is tapped into the valve cover where it deposits the colder oil on the rockers and cam. So yes you are right it goes to the head but starts by tapping into the case. What I am trying to figure out is is there enough room for the hydraulic pump without having to remove the secondary oil tap, and from your picture it looks like it. Is the piece that holds the pump in place stock or is it made be magura?
I bought mine used but i'm pretty sure the bracket that holds what I belive is called the 'slave cylinder' is a Magura part.

Thanks for the info on the oil lines, I wasn't sure exactly how it worked:)