PDA

View Full Version : What is the best carb to run with a 440ex ?

Ryan-WB440ex
07-23-2002, 10:05 PM
also what other mods should be done to the air box etc... with the carb you suggest. i like to play in water so keep that in mind as well. any help would be great guys! thanks.:devil

user101
07-23-2002, 10:15 PM
ur best bet would prolly would be to go with the FCR 39mm. it is expensive tho. it think $450.00. Call LRD about it also the quadshop might be able to get u a deal. i dont know tho

About the airbox i would by some UNI air box vents and put on there. MOTO-MAN might carry them. if the dont have call the quadshop(site sponsor)5% off too.:D
hope this helps
-user101

Nausty
07-24-2002, 01:04 AM
your other option is the lectron carb which is the edelbrock right? Well anyways they have the ability to make the most power but I have heard a lot of problems with it and i don't think it really matters on your bore but your ports instead. I say go with the fcr that seems to be what most people recommend.

Ricky g
07-24-2002, 08:53 AM
go with the fcr 41mm, yu'll be happy.

Ricky g

JustRace
07-24-2002, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Nausty
your other option is the lectron carb which is the edelbrock right? Well anyways they have the ability to make the most power but I have heard a lot of problems with it and i don't think it really matters on your bore but your ports instead. I say go with the fcr that seems to be what most people recommend.

The lectron and edelbrock are a little different. They are both similar carbs but edelbrock has an accelerator pump and the lectron doesn't.

The edelbrock is a good carb. I believe it made the most low end hp out of all the carbs. The edelbrock is also very easy to dial in.

JhallettEX
07-24-2002, 09:18 AM
FCR 41mm

oynot400
07-24-2002, 10:26 AM
I have a 39mm FCR and love it. I don't know how much more the 41 mm will put out compaired to the 39mm. Either way you can't go wrong. I do run a closed air box on mine. I run with it open on the race track, depending on the weather/track conditions. :devil

nakomis0
07-24-2002, 02:06 PM
Get the FCR. 41 or 39, which ever you want.

Best price is at Magicsracing.com, the price my be close to other places, maybe even a little more...but the thing is they give you a thumb throttle cable, and those are ussually like an additional $40.

on the website all they have listed in 41mm, they sell the 39 just gotta call.