PDA

View Full Version : PICs of my 55chevy

reichart90
03-14-2006, 05:10 PM
alright... i finally got good pictures scanned and uploaded onto my computer. ive already posted some crappy pictures of it.. but heres some pics from it during last summer.
enjoy
:)
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d170/reichart90/scan0007.jpg
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d170/reichart90/scan0006.jpg
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d170/reichart90/scan0001.jpg

reichart90
03-14-2006, 05:11 PM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d170/reichart90/scan0005.jpg
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d170/reichart90/scan0002.jpg
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d170/reichart90/scan0003.jpg

reichart90
03-14-2006, 05:12 PM
the dog wanted in on some pictures too lol
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d170/reichart90/scan0004.jpg

coolex
03-14-2006, 05:14 PM
that things so sick it looks like a show winner if u want ill trade u this jeep straiaght up

exrider008
03-14-2006, 05:14 PM
that is an awsome car i love it!!!!!!:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

Quad18star
03-14-2006, 05:15 PM
I'm liking the car BUT why did you put the hood scoops ?? Get rid of them and you'll instantly raise the value of the car ..... to me they screw up the lines of the car . Other than that , you got some money sitting on your hands right there .

exrider008
03-14-2006, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by coolex
that things so sick it looks like a show winner if u want ill trade u this jeep straiaght up

i hope that was a joke.:rolleyes: :D

coolex
03-14-2006, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by exrider008
i hope that was a joke.:rolleyes: :D

i would but hes obviosuly not going to so its a joke:D :eek2:

Honda TRX250ex
03-14-2006, 05:27 PM
that is a nice 55 man!
i also love your b!tch:)

reichart90
03-14-2006, 05:30 PM
i actually have the flat stock hood for it as well.. painted and everything. that scouped hood is a metal original hood with fiberglass inserts. they are actually true scoups.. u can see the engine if u look in. i bought the car when i was in 8th grade in 1997 and my dad and i built it from then until i turned 16. i only paid $5000 for it with a whole lotta parts. the guy needed money and well, the car needed a lot of work... but was driveable. my dad has been a body man for over 30 years. the man has built some beautiful cars. I worked there at the family garage/body shop all through high school so thats where i earned all my money to build it (this was before i got into quads).
its not show quaility. just a fun driver. ive posted other pics of my dads cars on here before. hes currently building a 32 ford 5 window coupe street rod to replicate the american graffitti car. ill try to get pics posted of it this weekend. he just got the frame back from powdercoating. the fiberglass body is painted - looks beautiful (canary yellow).

i have a lot of blood sweat and tears (and money) invested in the good old '55. actually it got me in too much trouble with the cops :/ .. lol i cant seem to keep my foot off the gas pedal. i live in a college town sooo yeahhh - always having way more fun then a kid is suppose to have as per our @$$hole town cops. the chief of polce called my dad at the garage and told him to disable it and i wasnt allowed to come back into town until i grew up. lol

gotta love being a kid

fast_enough
03-14-2006, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I'm liking the car BUT why did you put the hood scoops ?? Get rid of them and you'll instantly raise the value of the car ..... to me they screw up the lines of the car .

I have to completely agree with him, messes with the lines and takes away the aerodynamic smooth look. If you know what I mean. But it is a bad looking car. Give us some specs

exrider008
03-14-2006, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by fast_enough
I have to completely agree with him, messes with the lines and takes away the aerodynamic smooth look. If you know what I mean. But it is a bad looking car. Give us some specs

i think it looks pritty damn nice. its a hell of alot better them my 01 grand am se lol

Quad18star
03-14-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by reichart90
i actually have the flat stock hood for it as well.. painted and everything. that scouped hood is a metal original hood with fiberglass inserts. they are actually true scoups.. u can see the engine if u look in. i bought the car when i was in 8th grade in 1997 and my dad and i built it from then until i turned 16. i only paid $5000 for it with a whole lotta parts. the guy needed money and well, the car needed a lot of work... but was driveable. my dad has been a body man for over 30 years. the man has built some beautiful cars. I worked there at the family garage/body shop all through high school so thats where i earned all my money to build it (this was before i got into quads).
its not show quaility. just a fun driver. ive posted other pics of my dads cars on here before. hes currently building a 32 ford 5 window coupe street rod to replicate the american graffitti car. ill try to get pics posted of it this weekend. he just got the frame back from powdercoating. the fiberglass body is painted - looks beautiful (canary yellow).

i have a lot of blood sweat and tears (and money) invested in the good old '55. actually it got me in too much trouble with the cops :/ .. lol i cant seem to keep my foot off the gas pedal. i live in a college town sooo yeahhh - always having way more fun then a kid is suppose to have as per our @$$hole town cops. the chief of polce called my dad at the garage and told him to disable it and i wasnt allowed to come back into town until i grew up. lol

gotta love being a kid

That's awesome that you helped build it . I did the same with my dad over the past 10 years ... we built a 69 GTO , a 68 Nova drag car and a few years ago we built a 69 Cuda 340 which we still have .

I hope you didn't think I was knocking your car about what I said with the hood scoop . It doesn't look bad , I'd just prefer a flat hood .... make it look like a real sleeper and more original . I don't know if you've ever looked up the price of a 55 Chevy , if not take a look ... you could sell it and pay for all your college or University . They bring in big bucks ... especially with today's market .

reichart90
03-14-2006, 05:47 PM
theres not really too much unstock specs

the engine is a 327ci/340hp out of old stingray corvette (i think '64).. its got a muncy 4speed with a hurst shifter..
rolled and pleat front bench seat

it was originally owned by Lucky Strikes Cigerette company brand new in '55.. it was known as a a UTILITY SEDAN (not sedan delivery as some think - totally different body style). there was no back seat, just a factory plywood setup where the back seat would be to level off over the hump in the floor with a factory custom rubber mat and that all still there. its a 55 chev 2 door sedan 150.

the 2nd owner bought it off lucky in '59 and turned it into a drag car. he had someone cut the rear wheel wells out and installed a towbar.. and basically it was an original gasser car from the 60s.. the front end was jacked up all high. he then parked it in a old tractor trailer enclosed trailer util the mid 80s and took it to englishtown for a nostalgia race and won. he then parked it again and needed $$$ due to his moving and stuff in '97. he came to our garage so we knew he had it. talked him into selling it to me :) . all the time slips from the 60s were still in the glove box - was kinda neat. and the trophy laid in the back seat area from that 80s race he won. it needed a decent amount of work to become roadworthy.. something trustworthy. but was in EXCELLENT shape still since it was kept inside that enclosed tractor trailer - trailer.

the rear wheels/tires are 10 inch wide. front are 7's. crager s/s's with center spinner cap.

he raced with that hood in the 60s. i had the flat one on for so long. and then decied to prep the scouped one for my dad to spray in the booth. i just like it a whole lot better. it looks mean coming down the road. they are about an inch to inch and a half high actually. the photos dont do it justice.

the paint job was probably one of the best ive ever seen my dad do.

reichart90
03-14-2006, 05:55 PM
i have nooo intentions on ever selling it. i will still be cruisin for chicks when im 80 years old in it lol. my dad and i worked on it nights and weekends together. so it def. means more to me then any money can buy.

im well aware of how much its worth. i had quite a few offers before i left for the navy of people wanting it. but it means more to me then money can buy.

i go to lots of car shows and auctions and whatnot so i see what theyre bringing.

the car is who i am. my senior picture was me in the car. senior year i did the work program where i got out at noon everyday to go work at the garage. i used to really floor it leaving the parking lot. the teachers and the principle where always B*itchin me out lol.

honduh440
03-14-2006, 06:00 PM
looks awsome. i bet u guys have an awsome time crusin in it.

TheFontMaster
03-14-2006, 06:04 PM
Thats a really clean car. Do you have any before pics of it? I remember seeing the pics of your dad's other cars, it looks like he does great work.