PDA

View Full Version : race gas

dillin1234
03-14-2006, 04:12 PM
today i talked to the guy at the shop about running some better octane gas in my raptor. he said to get race gas which is 110 octane and mix it like half and half. so i went to the performance shop and got some and the guy said since i am running an 11:1 compression it would be ok to run straight race gas without mixing it. he said it should make a decent difference and also help keep the engine cooler cause of certain additives. I was just wanting some other opinions on the matter. I drained my tank and ran it straight and i could tell a nice difference in it.

DirtDevilBT
03-17-2006, 12:22 PM
You can get away easily on pump 91-93. Depending on you budget you can run straight race gas or mix it to save some money. But honestly, I don't see you needing to run race gas, you could for good measure run a little octane booster. A friend of mine with a 440ex can run 91 with octane boost no problem with 12.5-13:1 cpompression.

tater_kamik
03-25-2006, 07:58 PM
100+ octane fuel on 11:1 compression is absolutely not needed. not only that, but it is not gonna make you any faster. octane is a measure of an average resistance to destination. if you were running advanced timing, and higher compression, i would agree. but, i run a mix with 100 octane and 93 octane with 12.5:1 compression and it runs perfect. with 93, it runs a little hot and has a tendency to spark knock. i ran an warrior with 11:1 compression on 93 (air cooled motor) and it ran great. basically, you are wasting money by running race fuel until you truly need it. for now, enjoy being able to pick up your fuel at any pump!!