PDA

View Full Version : 450r axis shocks

450man
03-14-2006, 02:12 PM
i am looking for pictures of peoples front axis shocks. triple rates. i have a long travel set that were valved for XC racign but i have them for mx now. what i want to know is what kind of metal piece holds your top spring on. mine goes above the spring instead of being even with it. i need pictures of all different axis front shocks. please post them here!! thanx

Prey
03-14-2006, 05:41 PM
here is my shock for the 06, its big but i wanted to make sure you could see it clearly

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c156/kstanka/DSC00849.jpg

450man
03-14-2006, 06:39 PM
is that a XC or MX shock? my shocks have that same design. thanks for the picture i apreciate it. that is exactly what i wanted to see.

QuadRacer041
03-15-2006, 09:37 AM
i have never seen any other style of mount the top spring then what is in that picture. as far as i know they are all like that.

cb450r
03-15-2006, 09:53 AM
Nice Prey! :D

I like your stickers too:blah:

450man
03-15-2006, 10:19 AM
no there is 2 different ones that i know of. i have a standard travel set that it different from those shocks. and a long travel set like that

fasterz
03-15-2006, 11:07 AM
These were z400 mx, the top is obviously different from yours compared to mine

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/fasterz/zpartoutpics002.jpg

Prey
03-15-2006, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by 450man
no there is 2 different ones that i know of. i have a standard travel set that it different from those shocks. and a long travel set like that

just to be clear and i forgot to mention it, your right, those are LT shocks

they were valved for XC, as far as i know, that would be the only difference,

i did get a LT set for my to put on my 04 bike (my 04 bike is my MX bike) that i had to send back due to an a-arm issue (those pictured were for my 06), they were pretty much identical to the ones pictured except they were clad with eibachs instead of hyperco

but IDK if axis still uses eibach, and if they do, what determines whether they are sprung with eibach or hyperco

thanks CB :bandit:

fandl450r
03-15-2006, 12:03 PM
Ken that almost looks like you have a crossover ring on top of the spring clip? All the axis shocks I have ever seen, and I've seen a lot, look exactly like Prey's and Fasterz. It should have a lock ring, that snaps into the grooves, and a top disc that is held in place with the lock ring. When the spring stop on top is pulled down you can see the clip.

Prey
03-15-2006, 12:24 PM
you know what that locking system looks like justin...... it looks like the ones PEP used to use (not sure if they still do or not)

450man
03-15-2006, 12:41 PM
thanx for the pics. thats what i need to see. the metal piece on the top spring on Prey's shock is what my new long travel shocks looks like, and fasterz's is what my old regular travel shocks look like. that is the difference, my belief is that xc shocks have this extra top metal peice and the mx shocks do not.

QuadRacer041
03-15-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by fandl450r
Ken that almost looks like you have a crossover ring on top of the spring clip? All the axis shocks I have ever seen, and I've seen a lot, look exactly like Prey's and Fasterz. It should have a lock ring, that snaps into the grooves, and a top disc that is held in place with the lock ring. When the spring stop on top is pulled down you can see the clip.

i agree, all the spring retainers are the same as far as ive ever seen. some xc shocks do have that collar on them, i dont know why though.

Prey
03-15-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by 450man
thanx for the pics. thats what i need to see. the metal piece on the top spring on Prey's shock is what my new long travel shocks looks like, and fasterz's is what my old regular travel shocks look like. that is the difference, my belief is that xc shocks have this extra top metal peice and the mx shocks do not.

i think maybe that collar is related to regular travel vs LT vice mx vs xc

my regular travel PEPs has the same collar as the pic by fasterz