PDA

View Full Version : warrenty and a couple Q's

r450rr
03-14-2006, 11:24 AM
went riding to the hatfield and Mccoy trails this past week(was really fun like always) well we had just got done riding a black trail. and i was thinking to myself. maybe i should check my bearings and tierods. so i put it up on its back.and sure enough the two front wheel bearings had slack and seemed like they was slowly but surely going out. also something that we noticed was odd. was when it was up on its back. the right wheel would spin freely even when u turned the wheels. but for some reason the left wheel would only spin freely when the wheels were pointed staight ahead.any how thats not all that we found out that day lol. so i pushed it back over and was curious to see if the swing arm had any slack in it. and sure enough when i got a rock under the skid plate and got the back tires in the air. you could sway them from side to side. also the right axle nut beside the brake caliper. was loose. it would just let you move it about 1/8th inch in either direction but it wasnt completley loose?:eek2: . so after i found all of this out we conitinued riding and the next day i brought it over to my dealer(i have the extended warrenty)and i told the guy what all was wrong with it, and he gave me a reciept , and said we will call you when we get it done. my question is, is my dealer more than likely going to cover whats wrong with it?(since i have the extended warrenty) or are they not. he didnt say anything while i was explaining to him about what was wrong with it. he just wrote everything down and said we will give you a call. has anyone else had theirs warrentied for this same problem. thanks

03dynasty
03-14-2006, 11:38 AM
I'd say that bearings are normal wear and tear which probably isn't covered in the warranty. But what do I know, ask the dealer.

2MuchChi450R
03-14-2006, 03:32 PM
Not covered under warranty, normal wear and tear. My suggestion, go with aftermarket like Pivot Works, much cheaper than our Honda bearings ~$70 depending on what your dealer charges :rolleyes:

r450rr
03-15-2006, 02:03 PM
well they called today and told my girlfriend that it was finished. and they didnt say anything about money, so if i go there to pick it up today or tomar, whenever and they try to stick me with a bill i am going to be mad,. ill let u guys know when i get back:)

400exrider707
03-15-2006, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by r450rr
well they called today and told my girlfriend that it was finished. and they didnt say anything about money, so if i go there to pick it up today or tomar, whenever and they try to stick me with a bill i am going to be mad,. ill let u guys know when i get back:)

They will try and stick you with the bill so dont be surprised.:ermm:

r450rr
03-19-2006, 06:43 PM
they covered it, i cant believe it but they did