PDA

View Full Version : Clutch wont engage

tofst4u
03-14-2006, 10:18 AM
I just got a 05 450 last Saturday. I ran a full tank of gas out before I started letting it eat. After riding all day and playing in some insane mud I sprayed off all the big clumps of mud then went to the car wash to finish it off. After this we went back home and I went to pull it off the trailer and it would not move with the clutch pulled in. So I put it in neutral and rolled off. I then put it back in gear and tried starting it with the clutch pulled in and it just wanted to go forward. I then again put it in neutral and started it. Right after I started it I put it in gear and it was fine. Shut it off and tried starting it in gear and it worked. What happened here? Thanks in advance. JB

MR.BIG
03-14-2006, 10:28 AM
The clutch was cold what happened is completely normal.

evant
03-14-2006, 10:49 AM
Mine is doing the same thing right now, but it does not seem to do it all the time. I hope it is just from being cold.

tofst4u
03-14-2006, 11:01 AM
Thanks I was wondering if that was what was causing it. I was very surprised at how hot the bend in the exhaust gets. But being one layer of steel I can see why. That piston has to be one tough mother.