PDA

View Full Version : slime????

tom400ex
03-14-2006, 07:08 AM
so last week I must have hit a sharp rock or something and got a flat. the hole was big so I need to put 2 plugs in ( that sounds dirty) but air was still coming out a little. so I went to a local tire place and they patched it from the inside, but it still had a slow leak. I go back they put on a bigger patch on and still have a slow leak. Now what! I've been debating on putting in some slime, but once I do that no tire guy will want to work on it and was wondering about the balance of the tire with the slime in there. Its my Grizzly so its not a sport bike but i ride it like one :devil:

what should i do:confused:

Ripitupfilms
03-14-2006, 07:11 AM
do you 100% its leaking from the same spot and not another spot

SLime will help

antman
03-14-2006, 07:21 AM
slim is pretty good... it doesnt notice ably affect tire balance unless you are going really fast on pavement or flat terain. i used it in my kfx front tires because they kept getting flats and it solved the problem.

tom400ex
03-14-2006, 07:33 AM
it says to put in the whole bottle of atv tires. that seems like alot. I just don't want to put it in the tire and it doesn't work or rides like crap. because then nobody will take the tire off with that stuff in there.

antman
03-14-2006, 07:36 AM
you need to put the whole bottle because you need enough to coat the inside of the tire. then it kinda gust sits there untill there is a hole and the aire in the tire will pus the slime into the whole and the slime will clog the whole and not let air excape.

Mxjunkie
03-14-2006, 08:21 AM
I run it in my tires, havent had a flat in awhile..

tom400ex
03-14-2006, 02:28 PM
anybody have any luck with High Lifter AirLock? I hear its better then slime