PDA

View Full Version : An official 450 shootout

fasterz
03-13-2006, 10:13 PM
I was at atco new jersey the other day for a race and Quad magazine was there with all brand new 06's, yami, suzi, and honda. They had a few different riders and they all rode the track and then raced them like a real race with the gate drop and all. The results were pretty suprsing with all the talk. They ran 3 motos and each moto the riders switched quads. They were all about equal riders and all did every jump.

Moto 1: the suzuki pulled the holeshot and lead the entire race with the yamaha not close behind and the honda over a full straight away behind.

Moto 2: suzuki again pulled the holeshot and the results were the same only the yfz was alot closer and the honda was alot father behind.

Moto 3: suzuki again pulled the holeshot but with some nice moves the yami took the lead and won the race both leavign the honda in the dust.

I ride and race a honda so im not bashing them. And look whats winning in the nationals right now! But all these bikes were in stock trim right off the showroom floor. i talked to one of the riders and he said 2 out of 3 of them liked the suzuki the best while the last one liked the yami the best. He thought the honda was so far behind mainly beucase of the huge bubbly tires and rolling suspension. This was a motocross shoot out so things may be different in the woods. I also asked him if he thought the zuki was under powered since alot of peopel were sayign it wasnt what they expected and he responded saying that it felt that way but it wasnt when compared to them in a drag race. Its so quiet you cant tell how much you accelerating but when you really get on it hard you can tell its really got alot of power. And by the way non of these riders worked for a company cuz i know 2 of them.

jrd426
03-14-2006, 06:00 AM
who was riding the bikes?

400exrules
03-14-2006, 06:27 AM
yah, it will be the complete opposite if they take it to the woods......the ltr450 is made for motocross

Ripitupfilms
03-14-2006, 07:09 AM
rider ability is everything in shootouts

ml450r
03-14-2006, 07:20 AM
each moto switched riders...

fasterz
03-14-2006, 07:35 AM
EACH MOTO THE 3 RIDERS SWITCHED BIKES, AND THEY WERE ALL VERY CLOSE ABILITYS ANY WAY.

macsolocam
03-22-2006, 07:46 AM
I have a friend that has a new zuke.....He went to the sand this past weekend and installed the cherry bomb and yosi pipe and it dynoed 48hp with 34 lbs of tq.......The zuke has good tq. and that is what you really need on most mx tracks....In drag races he told me that he would pull a couple of bike lengths on other bikes but at the end of the run the bikes would pull past him....