PDA

View Full Version : First day out with my soon to be 250X

tkatka70
07-23-2002, 07:38 PM
I just was bord and figured i would tell all of you guys about my first day out with my soon to be 250X. I currently own a Honda Recon and i heard about this guy who is selling a 250X. So i drove over and took it for a ride. He didnt start it up like in a year it was sitting in his shed with a flat tire and alot of bird **** on it. He said the only time he riddin it was to move it out of the way most of the time. Took like 8 kicks or so to start it up and then he filled up the tire. I hoped up on it and took it down a gravel road. For not running for a long time it picked right up when you let off the throttle and then nailed it again. The engine was very mechanically sound. The frame was a little beat up and the muffler rattled around because a bolt fell out. I came back and said it ran good and i would give him 800 cash. But he would only go as low as 900. SO i said i should show my dad it first. He was really cool because he said i could put mine in his shed and take his home to show my dad and get back to him in a couple of days. I drove it home and i was so exited. I got home put a bolt in the muffler and changed the oil.

The next say i woke up and i was going to go for a good ride. I drove it in the ditch and on some roads and noticed it had probebly twice the power then the Recon. I just loved taking it in the ditch and spinning the tires all the way up the bankment. I took it to my friends house and let him drive it i think he liked it. While i was there another one of his friends cam over with a 300EX with a powercore 4 FMF on it. I heard from a couple of people that said the 250X had more power then the 300EX and one of them told me that he beat it friend with his 250X and his friend had a 300EX. SO my one friend encourged up to race so we went down to a gravel road. We linded up and we were off. I kind of thought i had a chance cause of the storys i hear but i figured id lose cause the kid had his piped. We took up and i hung with him until 2nd gear. THat pipe he has was pretty damn loud. I thought mind sounded kind of loud and cool but **** i couldnt even here mine. Once we hit 3rd he pulled hard on me and just blew me away once we hit top end and he was about 15 yards or so in front of me we were pretty even. I pulled up to him and told him that danm thing was fast.

I enjoyed my self today and i think im going to buy it. I like the 250X alot its alot funner to drive then my Recon. Is there anything thats known to go wrong on a 250X. Lets here some of your storys. IM GOING RIDING KNOW

honda250xrider
07-23-2002, 08:13 PM
nothin really has been known to go wrong with them at least i dont thik just take good kare of it and change the oil often it should last for along time

Rastus
07-23-2002, 10:54 PM
One thing for sure....250X's are fun quads.

tkatka70
07-24-2002, 09:23 PM
yea they are fun. I worked a 12 hour day today then lifted weights when i got home i called the guy and told him i buy it. Then my friend came over with his Ozark and a person on the back so i showed him what it could do spinning the wheels all over the place and doing some brake torques. He was more then impressed. Then when he was leaving i punched it him being 20 or 30 yards in front i blew past him. He said that was pretty fast so then i told him lets race from here to that pole about 30 yards in front of us. SO i blew past him knowing he wouldnt have a chance just wanted to show him in example. He said i wouldnt have to worry about me keeping up with him anymore like i did with my Recon. Tomarrow is going to be a good day of riding. I dont got to work so im planning on going all day.

Are there any good websites dedicated to the 250X

Also what the best way to check the oil COld or WARmed up

Screw in the cap or just set it on the whole WHATS THE MANUAL SAY

Rastus
07-24-2002, 10:18 PM
Definately screw the oil dipstick in....

kicken250x
07-24-2002, 10:25 PM
fine choice in bikes!!! mine is the best quad i have ever ridin. i have raced many many 300exs 400ex blasters and warriors and beat all but a few 400exs and highly moded blasters. the only thing i haveto say bad about it is the shox basicly they suck in my oppinion. im going to get some newins sometime... kinda hard when mony is verry limited but oh well... um... no i dont know of any site that are for 250xs. not that i can think od right off i hvae seen them with xs on them but that is it. oh you asked about changing the oil. the best way is to put it on level ground, pull the dip stick out wipe it off and just put it back in the hole dont screw it in just let it sit there for a sec and pull it back out. that is what i have always been told to do no other way that i can think of??

07-24-2002, 11:33 PM
my cosin had a modded one that would pull wit the 440 for a few secs, till like 3rd i think, he had some sh*t in this X, but, pipe it, and put a nice piston, and it will go, o yea, this isnt majory important, but stainless steel brake lines are a good investment, the stockers on my cosins overheated, and explanded to much, they jus plain suck imo.