PDA

View Full Version : steering stabilizer-worth it?

YFZ450Ridr
03-13-2006, 09:14 PM
ive been browsing around and i see alot of guys that race or ride XC using steering stabilizers. ive been told that they are a great improvment and you get less arm fatigue and what not. are they really that good? and if i should get one, which brand would you reccomend? i see alot of guys running Denton, Gibson, and PEP stabilizers, are those good brands? thanks.

WOLFPACK
03-13-2006, 09:47 PM
Denton (non-rebuildable).

It's cheap and the non-rebuildable seem to last longer.

honda460ex
03-13-2006, 09:52 PM
I have a Peps, and I like it a lot. It really does help with fatigue and control. Helps to make sure the bars don't jerk around on you as much and help keep her straight. Good investment though...

gbcap
03-13-2006, 09:56 PM
only buy the Precision.

yes it is 500 dollars...but it is the best on the market. don't waste your money on other stuff. do a bit of research and you will see that EVERYONE loves the Precision.
http://www.precision-rp.com/

honda460ex
03-13-2006, 09:58 PM
I agree... the precision is the baddest stabalizer out, but also the baddest price...lol. But yeah, if you got the money, get the precision. All the pros rave about it.

YFZ450Ridr
03-13-2006, 10:17 PM
ya that would be awesome, but 500 bucks is way to steep for me. the denton stabilizer seems more up my alley and i think im going to go with that.

how long does a non-rebuildable one last and how often does a rebuildable one need to be serviced?

GIXXER1KR
03-13-2006, 10:18 PM
So the rebuildables dont last as long!!!!!!!!!!!?????????!!!!!!!?????????Really cause i was gonna order the gibson adjustable and fully rebuildable!!!!

Colby@C&DRacing
03-14-2006, 07:37 AM
The rebuildable are a good dampner. As for as the stick style they are all the same they just have a different sticker on them.

The precision is well worth the money.

WORCSYFZ199
03-14-2006, 08:46 AM
I've ridden a denton rebuildable and non rebuildable, not much difference at all between them but the price, I don't think I've ever heard of anyone successfully rebuilding one so I would save the money and buy the regular Denton one, unless you can wait and save up and get a precision. I just got a precision stabilizer and flexx bars and my shocks revalved and between the three my quad works so great now, I don't have to slow down for square edge holes or ruts that used to have me getting the bars knocked out of my hands, it's a great set-up.

Ex'r Marlin
03-14-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by LTZ400ridr
ive been browsing around and i see alot of guys that race or ride XC using steering stabilizers.
I have noticed several riders using two of the steering dampners together to get what they want out of it.:eek: For the money, it makes sense to me to go with a style like the Precision than to possibly get two of the "stick" styles.

Good luck... And yes, they are worth the investment.:macho

GIXXER1KR
03-14-2006, 06:52 PM
i just orderd the Gibson 7way adjustable..My buddy has one on his TRX250r and it made a huge difference!!I am mostly trailing and some MX and not competing so $for$ value stick is the way!!!!!

bwamos
03-17-2006, 10:55 AM
I've been running my Denton Stick (rebuildable) for 5 years w/o any issues or need to rebuild it. Still works as good as the day I got it.

infantry317
03-18-2006, 08:15 AM
Gibson, Denton, Mr. Muscle, etc. are all the same stick just different mounting hardware per machine. The stick type are good but I would rebuild it every year, sooner if you race a lot.
They can bend shafts in crashes but you can get replacement parts from K&K and other places.

Sjorge450R
03-18-2006, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
I've been running my Denton Stick (rebuildable) for 5 years w/o any issues or need to rebuild it. Still works as good as the day I got it.

I have had mine for about 5 XC races. I love it. Well worth the money. I couldnt race my 300ex one of the tracks because I couldn't control it. Threw the Denton Rebuildable on there and I take the coarse like its nothing.

94F450SD
03-18-2006, 08:48 AM
i got my NOSS stabilizer off ebay for 100 bux.best 100 dollars ive spent on my quad so far.i love it.wont ride without one now.

adrenalinefreak
03-18-2006, 08:47 PM
I'm kind of surprised the GPR has not come up in this thread!

Very important piece of aftermarket hardware, the stabilizer.

I do not have one yet, but I plan to here pretty soon. My boyfriend has the GPR Eight Click and WOW...huge difference!!

If anybody ever trys to tell you that a stabilizer is a waste of money don't waste any time slapping some sense into them!!

I'm probably going to go with the GPR as well with a Houser +2 steering stem on account of my height...5'9, plus I need good handlebars....

The fasst Bars look and sound awesome and I am hoping something will work out to where I can get them!

infantry317
03-19-2006, 08:34 AM
I have the GPR, its a good stabilizer, but the precision has more adjustability.

03-19-2006, 09:08 AM
precision all the way, its the best dampener on the market right now and it is soooo smooth, you can move the bars with 2 fingers from stop to stop, but then if a rock jacks your tire or a log or something, your bars dont even move, i love it :macho