PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki taking over

One_Bad_400
03-13-2006, 09:12 PM
the Suzuki's are taking over !!!! :eek2: :eek:

http://www.atvriders.com/gallery/2006atvamxracing01glenhelen/images/KE2F0098.jpg

http://www.atvriders.com/gallery/2006atvamxracing01glenhelen/images/KE2F0099.jpg

Mxjunkie
03-13-2006, 09:17 PM
Just like when the yfz's first came out and everyone though no one would run hondas :p

bluebaron
03-13-2006, 09:46 PM
give honda and yamaha until 2007 :o

bigstorm
03-13-2006, 10:08 PM
yeah when honda and yamaha throw e.f.i on there motors and put them in aluminum frames they will blow away the suzukis.

-storm

KWAD GAWD
03-13-2006, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by bigstorm
yeah when honda and yamaha throw e.f.i on there motors and put them in aluminum frames they will blow away the suzukis.

-storm
What does an aluminum frame or EFI have to do with winning races? Winning is about training, conditioning and dedication. Not what bike you ride. Everyone assumes Pro riders don't get tired. Believe me, you think Joe Byrd, Doug Gust or Natalie are out of shape. Think again, that's why their winning - because they bust their butts all year long.

Diedrich
03-13-2006, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by KWAD GAWD
What does an aluminum frame or EFI have to do with winning races? Winning is about training, conditioning and dedication. Not what bike you ride. Everyone assumes Pro riders don't get tired. Believe me, you think Joe Byrd, Doug Gust or Natalie are out of shape. Think again, that's why their winning - because they bust their butts all year long.

yea no kidding thats what i've been saying..all 3 new 450s are really close...its just what you prefer now...its all gonna be up to the rider

coryatver
03-13-2006, 11:24 PM
the suzuki has its own class pretty much. obviously they dominate the stock class they are way more set up stock for mx than any other quad it isn't even close

400exrules
03-14-2006, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by coryatver
the suzuki has its own class pretty much. obviously they dominate the stock class they are way more set up stock for mx than any other quad it isn't even close

its clearly an mx bike stock, while the yfz and trx are not. take it into the woods and you will have completely different results.

different strokes for different folks

03-14-2006, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by bigstorm

-storm

Yea, like Cannondale did!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! !!!!

jcv400ex
03-14-2006, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Kyle_TQRA
Yea, like Cannondale did!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! !!!!

Give me a Cannondale Moto any day over the new Zuki...... NOT EVEN CLOSE!!! If Cannondale was still in business, they would be ruling the offroad racing scene....

The Prototype Moto would have blown people away with the all the technology and performance. Nothing "factory" would have been close.....

But greed, poor management and overspending employees ruined the company.

CannondaleRider
03-14-2006, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
Give me a Cannondale Moto any day over the new Zuki...... NOT EVEN CLOSE!!! If Cannondale was still in business, they would be ruling the offroad racing scene....

The Prototype Moto would have blown people away with the all the technology and performance. Nothing "factory" would have been close.....

Agreed.....I'm still riding and racing my Cannondale all the time. I will ride them till the bitter end....thats if there is an end. I know about a few things that will open up the door for Cannondales to dominate:D

jrd426
03-14-2006, 01:20 PM
suzuki wins one race and now there taking over!i just dont understand somethings!!!!

Mxjunkie
03-14-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex

deff dude, if I had to pick and cannondale was still in business I'd have a moto in a heart beat they were SICK

MXracer16
03-14-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by bluebaron
give honda and yamaha until 2007 :o

Yeah, that makes lots of sence. They have had their bikes out for 3 years. They should be fine tuned and dialed in by now. This is the first year for the suzuki, so I'd say they did pretty damn good for a first shot.

400exrules
03-14-2006, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by MXracer16
Yeah, that makes lots of sence. They have had their bikes out for 3 years. They should be fine tuned and dialed in by now. This is the first year for the suzuki, so I'd say they did pretty damn good for a first shot.

yah....they only had 3 years to check out what the competition had:rolleyes:

MXracer16
03-14-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules

Yes, but they didn't know what would work and what wouldn't. Yamaha and Honda have had them out in production and have had many many people out on them pounding on them. They know whats going to happen. Suzuki has only had theirs out for about a month. They did test it, but they didnt put it through 3 seasons of motocross, cross-country, or baja.

rmz250
03-14-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules

Yet they still had a winning quad. :rolleyes:

prepracing
03-14-2006, 06:18 PM
what happened to the ATK deal that bought cannondale, are they not building the quads anymore :confused:

DOHC
03-14-2006, 06:36 PM
well nexted year i think polaris might give everone alittle more compition now that there in partnership with ktm think about it predator or outlaw with a ktm 450 and a good rider :eek2: watch out honda,suzuki and yamaha

03-14-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by DOHC
well nexted year i think polaris might give everone alittle more compition now that there in partnership with ktm think about it predator or outlaw with a ktm 450 and a good rider :eek2: watch out honda,suzuki and yamaha

KTM engine= GOOD

Polaris chassis= JUNK

Put em together and you'll have have a fast as hell quad that handles like a Chrysler Newport.

DOHC
03-14-2006, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by ACEOUTDOOR
KTM engine=GOOD

Polaris chassis= JUNK
:rolleyes:

bradley300
03-15-2006, 07:08 AM
i dont call suzuki giving a bunch of differnt mag editors a quad to race in the same class "dominating"

maybe it was different at gatorback

bradley300
03-15-2006, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by ACEOUTDOOR
KTM engine= GOOD

Polaris chassis= JUNK

Put em together and you'll have have a fast as hell quad that handles like a Chrysler Newport.

please, it handles just as well as everyone elses, it just takes a different type of riding. its a heck of alot more comfortable than the other 450's

CannondaleRider
03-15-2006, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by prepracing
what happened to the ATK deal that bought cannondale, are they not building the quads anymore :confused:

There still doing something.

They're not assembling new quads, they're just revamping the complete ones they got from the Cannondale factory. Updating them, rebadging them, etc.

Not sure if Frank White will ever get off his *** and get some seriously good stuff done or not. But I do know a few people "on the inside" you might say, that know of a few things that may happen.