PDA

View Full Version : 450r and elderbrock need help deciding

4real450r
03-13-2006, 08:40 PM
is it worth the money . and will it help with the cam and pipe i have with rev box and piston.

hrc cam
big gun over rev box
lrd full pro4
j&e piston 13.5.1

jordan_m6
03-13-2006, 09:03 PM
def but do research on other carbs as well. they all have pros. and cons.

03-14-2006, 07:13 AM
having a bigger carb gives less lowend power and more top end along with speed. its like this. if you take a skinny straw its easier to suck the soda up it. now you take a big fat straw and its harder to suck it up.

i wouldnt get it yet. if you still plan on doing some more mods then i would think about it.

Toadz400
03-14-2006, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by kitty
having a bigger carb gives less lowend power and more top end along with speed. its like this. if you take a skinny straw its easier to suck the soda up it. now you take a big fat straw and its harder to suck it up.

i wouldnt get it yet. if you still plan on doing some more mods then i would think about it.

You are retarded.

What kind of riding do you do 4real450r? I think you should be good with the stock FCR that's on there with your mods. And if you really feel the need for a bigger carb I would just get it bored out, but I don't think you need to because it's already a 40. If you're just racing MX or XC I don't think you would benefit from a bigger carb.

03-15-2006, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Toadz400
You are retarded.

why man.:rolleyes: um its true what i sid so...... i think your retarted. ok if you want i can even copy and past that from a atv site just to please you. its called the straw theary

Toadz400
03-15-2006, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by kitty
why man.:rolleyes: um its true what i sid so...... i think your retarted. ok if you want i can even copy and past that from a atv site just to please you. its called the straw theary

I know but I think you spelled almost every single word wrong and everybody on this site knows you don't know a single thing about quads or how they work, so it makes you look even more retarded for just saying all that.

hart
03-16-2006, 12:05 PM
The larger carb will provide more fuel and air being delivered to the motor because it has a larger flow rate. but because of this the mixture has a slower velocity entering the engine this is why it will cause "less throttle response" or less "bottom end power" but you will see more gains in the upper rpm. i belive the equastion is q=A*V
wich it your flow rate = multiplied by the area. I personally think the stock carb on the 06 450r is fine with the mods you have. If any one wants to add anything to this feel free...:D

hart
03-16-2006, 12:06 PM
***flow rate =area*velocity sorry