PDA

View Full Version : rear suspension

eganracing
03-13-2006, 08:12 PM
i was talkin to my dealer about getting the rear shock revalved and he said that the company that he was going to buy it from claimed it didnt make that big of a difference. he says i would be better off buying an elka shock and linkage. i do serious mx racing and i think he said that the elkas would be better just because i race mx. from the reviews i have read on the gt thunder shocks they sound great. any help would be appreciated on what i should buy. price isnt to much of an issue but i dont really wont to spend big money on a new shock if its not neccisary.

Ridin' Jesse
03-13-2006, 08:15 PM
Basically, the revalve will never be able to compare to an Elka rear.

440ex kid
03-13-2006, 08:56 PM
Basically, the revalve will never be able to compare to an Elka rear.

You must have never rode an axis or pep shock. If I were you I would get the Gt Thunder revalve, unless you are a serious mx rider. Then go with a long travel setup.

03-13-2006, 09:17 PM
I have the Elka rear shock with the linkage and i really love it. If money is not really a holding you back than go with the elka Dual linkage. You get more travel and you also get a smoother stroke. Or try the PEP or Axis shock i have herd that they are really nice on the 450r's.

03-13-2006, 09:19 PM
if you are serious into racing id get a better shock then elka...elkas arent really valved all that great I have heard

Prey
03-14-2006, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
if you are serious into racing id get a better shock then elka...elkas arent really valved all that great I have heard

they dont do any valving, they have a standard valve system they use and they use springs to compensate for rider weight, class, etc.... this is one of the reason their turn around time on orders is so quick

the elka's that came on my 06 450R when i bought, i sent them to precision and spent a pretty penny to get them done right.

i have PEP on my 250R and Axis on my 06 450R, i will take axis or PEP any day over elka.... not to offend any elka owners