PDA

View Full Version : cleaning gear

400exrules
03-13-2006, 07:21 PM
Is it ok to throw my shift jersey and pants in the washer and dryer, or will they shrink or get damaged? What do you guys do?

MotoX3
03-13-2006, 07:23 PM
Thats what I did, just chucked my jersey and pants and gloves in there....

TrapZ400
03-13-2006, 07:33 PM
I just put them in the washer. Then I hang them up to dry. I dont put them in the dryer because i dont want them to shrink.

Titanium
03-13-2006, 07:37 PM
don't put em in the dryer. i put my pants and jersey in my dryer and they were shrunk majorly.

CannondaleRider
03-13-2006, 08:41 PM
I put mine in the dryer, but use air only, no heat.

400exrules
03-13-2006, 09:55 PM
it wont fade the colors or anything will it:confused: i know nothing about washing clothes
and, i have Shift assault pants, and the word 'shift' and the symbol on the pants are thick rubber, will they be ok?

honda460ex
03-13-2006, 10:01 PM
Lol, I dunno, I throw my three sets of Thors in the washer and dryer all the time. I've never had a problem with colors fading, shrinking, or the rubber melting yet on any of them. But it does say on the pants to air dry only... But hey, who doesn't break rules!

T Creech
03-13-2006, 10:07 PM
I have washed a LOT of Shift gear.

Wash - cold water use a good detergenet and I use fabric softener.

Hang dry, or in the case of a bunch of stuff lay it out all over the backs of the couch, etc - jerseys anyway.

The pants and gloves just throw over the bathroom shower curtain rod or over the porch railing. The lining dries real fast so they don't have to be inside out.

Tricks with getting really bad stuff out off the gear...

Blood & Clay are the worst - use Simple Green or OxyClean diluted and hose them off first then spray on a mist of that stuff and let sit for a while. Then hose off again and wash.

Mud usually comes out pretty good but you might want to dump in some OxyClean in the load as an added burst.

The only thing that I haven't been able to get out is the volcano dust/red dirt. Just throw that gear away or wear it only for real dirty mud races.

I have thrown the jerseys in the dryer in a pinch for time, but only for a minute or two to get them warm and steamy. The lettering on them might shrink up if you dry them too long.

Also it is not a good idea to store your wet or dirty gear in a black plastic garbage bag for a week or so and wait to launder..... Just a tip from one who refused to wash something smelling that bad.

antman
03-13-2006, 10:57 PM
washer is fine but dont put them in the dryer... i recomend just hanging them in a warm place to let them dry.